Easter finds...

Nephilim3883

Greenie
Jan 6, 2016
Crestwood, KY
Detector(s) used
Ground EFX MX200E, Gold Digger Land or Sea Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver (Backup), Cen-Tech Pinpointer (Modified, Backup)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hunting this area behind my church off and on, weather permitting. Finally able to get out yesterday to hunt and use my birthday gift, the Land or Sea Pinpointer that I ordered from Colonial Metal Detectors

What strikes my curiosity about the area is that the church sits in an area that was once a railroad depot back in the 1800's all the way until it's destruction in 1960. I believe it actually sat on what is now the road that is directly in front of the church, so my hopes of finding anything substantial were kind of diminished after that. Where the church sits, and land behind it, would have been where the coal was stored behind the railroad depot. My theory is supported by the lumps of coal that I keep finding when I'm digging. Been hoping to find a coin or some kind of relic that a pedestrian back then would have dropped. No such luck yet. To date, I have found a whole bunch of nails, aluminum from soda cans, a marble, and random modern metallic objects that I couldn't identify.

Easter's hunt turned up 85 cents in clad, and this:

10644911_10153819942860379_8077926042308658106_n.jpg

I wish it was real, but I figure if it was, the owner would have searched really well for it. I would make sure it gets back to the owner anyway, hoping for some good karma on the next hunt.

Last edited:
Upvote 5

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW..Thats a heart stopper, found many Avon and other well plated rings but nothing that large, still it would have made my day,..Congrats on the hunt.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging the Heart Stopper. :occasion14: Still a cool find.

can

Dec 26, 2015
NC
Detector(s) used
xp DEUS, excal sword,ctx 3030, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
N

Nephilim3883

Greenie
Jan 6, 2016
Crestwood, KY
Detector(s) used
Ground EFX MX200E, Gold Digger Land or Sea Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver (Backup), Cen-Tech Pinpointer (Modified, Backup)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW..Thats a heart stopper, found many Avon and other well plated rings but nothing that large, still it would have made my day,..Congrats on the hunt.

That looks like a fun find. The posts appear to have some corrosion. Those are heartstopper rings for sure! I love finding them. THey always make me smile, even when they're NOT real. :)

Best of luck to you!

Whatta chunk of ice!

Very nice congrats

Congrats on digging the Heart Stopper. :occasion14: Still a cool find.

I started saying "Holy shi..." when I figured out what I found while it was still in the dirt. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread