Easter morn....diggin some Lead Zeppelin and a big first

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Such a beautiful Easter morning here in mid Mi. Attended mass at the Church of the great outdoors.
Hit a park that reliably produces some moderately old coins.Kicked around for an hour or so, finding a few wheats and a couple silver Rosies.Found an old key and being a Zeppy Head , was pleased to dig a real...Lead Zeppelin....at least half of one.
PICT0003.JPG
Being short on time, I made my way towards my truck, swinging along the way.
Got almost there and hit a strange signal....falling half way between my quarter and dollar icons..??
PICT0001.JPG
I dug out a good sized plug....pin pointed again, and then took out a couple healthy scoops of earth.
Thats when I noticed the edge of a large , rounded object in the spoils pile....could it be???....YES!....MY FIRST!
PICT0005.JPG
I snatched my prize from from the earths grubby grip and admired it in the morning sun...
PICT0006.JPG
There were no cracks and much of the original patina was intact. I brushed away a little debris and could see that the condition was excellent......Im no expert but Im guessin Grade A...Large Variety.
Anyway, I suddenly had a craving for baked ham, so I quickly checked the area for any more and then headed for home. The item is still in as found condition....some have suggested treating it with salt?? Others have told me ..ranch dressing......any suggestions would be welcome....and..............
Happy Easter.............Joe

Upvote 0

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on digging led zeppelin! :thumbsup: :o

It's a "Heartbreaker" that it's cut in half. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread