Easy Like Sunday Morning

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Four more hammered said hello today. Also a Roman silver, popped up. The coin top right is not English, in poor condition though. The nice round one top left is the smallest un clipped Henry III I think I have ever found. The mint looks a bit different also, will post a picture after cleaning.

Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_6119.JPG
    IMG_6119.JPG
    432.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_6118.JPG
    IMG_6118.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 128
Upvote 5

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find Rob! Any coin you find is a "rare coin" over here. :)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the coin find, very nice detail too!

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The BM is very fast with IDing. Here you have to wait a year or more.... Congrats on a nice addition to the collection. Bad continental forger we are.... :tongue3:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's a killer find buddy. I'm not afraid to be the first to vote Banner. By what you were told this is obviously a very rare piece. So here you go my friend. Hope it makes it's way to the top. I think it's tough for us over here to understand what of what you fellas digs is worthy and what's not. It just all looks super old. Hard to differentiate what's rare and valuable. I'm not afraid to walk out on this limb lol.

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
The BM is very fast with IDing. Here you have to wait a year or more.... Congrats on a nice addition to the collection. Bad continental forger we are.... :tongue3:
Hello Westfront, emailed an image to a guy I know at the BM this morning. Got an id this afternoon !!!!, can't complain about that.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Wow that's a killer find buddy. I'm not afraid to be the first to vote Banner. By what you were told this is obviously a very rare piece. So here you go my friend. Hope it makes it's way to the top. I think it's tough for us over here to understand what of what you fellas digs is worthy and what's not. It just all looks super old. Hard to differentiate what's rare and valuable. I'm not afraid to walk out on this limb lol.
Cheers Ahab, rare certainly, probably not too valuable. There's only a small specialized market for these things. Most collectors are on the continent, I would guess.:thumbsup:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice find my man. Over here in the colonies, we are impressed with a coin that is a 100 years old. My oldest silver is from 1903, and I consider that a treasure... I just can't fathom finding a coin that is 800 years old. Congrats.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Very nice find my man. Over here in the colonies, we are impressed with a coin that is a 100 years old. My oldest silver is from 1903, and I consider that a treasure... I just can't fathom finding a coin that is 800 years old. Congrats.
Hello Tom, it's all relative. Coins go back over 2000 years in the UK. In the states a few centuries, therefore 1903 is a very nice find, good luck, and keep digging.:thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got an id from the BM, on one of the coins I posted the other day. I did think at the time, it looked a little strange. The BM say, it's a sterling imitation (continental) of an Henry III, long cross penny 1247-72. The reverse reads, INE/OLE/OIE/ANT. Based on a coin of the moneyer Nicole, Canterbury mint. Apparently an un-recorded type. Very pleasing to find.:occasion14:
Well that explains a lot, I tried reading the moneyer & mint & give up scratching my head, immitation never crossed my mind because the silver looked good & I'm not used to seeing H3 versions. That would be a welcome change in my small imitations collection.

l=

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread