Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Paul,

Just an Idea.

But I saw you have coins and hunting equip. etc

I think it would be benifical to become a Charter memeber for 20 Dollars and Sell them on here for FREE!!, or at least give it a shot on here.

I can tell you that the fee's will add up quickly on Ebay. And alot of us on here are interested in alot of the items you mentioned.

Again..its just a thought

OP
OP
hunts with son

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
You know Scott I have given that some thought. But I'm looking to sell/flip items from garage sales and other places in the future. So by selling what I already have I can build some positive feedback and gain some experience with eBay.

Thanks, Paul.

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm looking to sell/flip items from garage sales and other places in the future. So by selling what I already have I can build some positive feedback and gain some experience with eBay.

That is exactly how I started with ebay. I gathered up some small and inexpensive but easily sellable items that I already owned and put them on ebay as a means of getting my feet wet, so to speak. I had to puzzle my way through the process but it wasn't that difficult.

By the way, here is another little tip. Make sure, BEFORE you click the List My Item button, that you are OK with the fees ebay is going to charge you. I had been doing ebay for a few months before my wife decided to get into it also. I had become aware of all the little things that ebay will charge you for but my wife, in her enthusiasm for her new hobby, didn't pay attention to this stuff. One day, in an effort to be helpful, she got into my account and starting updating and re-listing items. She racked up about $20 in fees without realizing it.

The following is something to be on the lookout for. I suspect there are people out there who actively look for new sellers and try to take advantage of them. My wife and I both had similar experiences with this when we were just getting started. I sold an item, shipped it off, and a few days later got a rather hostile message from the buyer claiming the item was broken and demanded a refund. My buyer threatened to leave negative feedback if I didn't send him his refund right away. I looked into ebay's policies on feedback and discovered they expressly prohibit what they call "feedback extortion". I responded to the buyer and politely asked him to provide photo documentation of the damage and pointed out that ebay takes a dim view of feedback extortion. I never heard another word from him.

Best of luck to you. I look forward to seeing what you come up with from your local yard sales.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know Scott I have given that some thought. But I'm looking to sell/flip items from garage sales and other places in the future. So by selling what I already have I can build some positive feedback and gain some experience with eBay.

Thanks, Paul.

That totally makes sense..I wish you the best of luck freind!

OP
OP
hunts with son

hunts with son

Sep 10, 2013
Monroe County, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I just wanted to thank everyone again for all the advice. On Sunday, I finally started selling on ebay with 6 items. I decided to keep shipping as low as possible and start the auctions at $.99 to let the market take my first set of items where ever they go. I hope to build some good feedback in the next month or so then switch to some higher valued items.

Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread