Ebay hacked again? Account gone!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I try to sign on to my account it does not work. When I sign on to my wife's account and search for my name or my store it says that I do not exist anymore? What the heck is going on? Then when I call it says that all lines are busy and to call back later and hangs up on you. This sucks....

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bk,
over on the etsy forum there's about 5 pages about this. A lot of folks stores are gone.
Some ppl had 2 stores, one is there, the other gone. It's the ebay rapture! (angels go ahhhhh) lol :laughing7: sorry.
One person said they logged on last night and was in someone else's account. Also heard it's being spoke of on the news again, but, didn't say which news.

I bought a camera last night! :BangHead:
I'm still logged in, and I hope all is ok with paypal.
If I hear anything more, I'll try to pass it over. Good luck!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting.... I was watching a television, trying to make up my mind whether to buy it or not. And their account disappeared, gone. Coincidence?

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't get in either .

willis7

Mar 29, 2014
they updated their mobile app and it's haveing tons of problems, this might all be linked to that?

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ebay is having problems. I just called about something else, and the recording says people are having issues logging in.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SAME HERE. made two sales earlier today and downloades the packing list, then I do not exist. I did a search for my products and found the main photo and link to my sale but when I clicked on it I got taken back to the same page.

I did find this msg on one page of their site.

Website issue: Due to a technical issue, some eBay customers may notice a problem or have trouble accessing My eBay. We're working to resolve this issue and apologize for any inconvenience. Please try accessing My eBay at a later time. Thank you.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
BBC News - eBay glitch blocks access for users on auction site

eBay glitch blocks access for users on auction site

By Kim Gittleson BBC technology reporter, New York

E-retailing giant eBay's users are reporting difficulty signing in to the site from locations in the India, the US, the UK and other parts of Europe.

Users say that they cannot sign into their accounts and are receiving incorrect password alerts.

An eBay spokesperson, Ryan Moore, told the BBC that the technical glitch was the result of scheduled server maintenance.

This is the eleventh such outage eBay has suffered this year.

Mr Moore said that the sign in issue was affecting only a small portion of users, with most remaining unaffected.

"We're working to resolve this issue quickly and will continue to keep our customers updated.

We apologize for any inconvenience to our users," he added.

eBay administrators had earlier posted that the site was to undergo planned maintenance on 4 September.

Losing income

Sellers and other users of the site took to eBay's community forums and Twitter, where users were using the hashtag #ebaydown, to express displeasure.
Twitter screen grabs of ebaydown Several eBay users took to Twitter to express frustration about the technical glitches facing the site

Cody Keith runs the Golden Zipper eBay store with his wife from his base in Texas. He says the problems are worrying him, as he has several offers out with buyers and the link to his store is not even showing up on the site.

"By being down for over two hours right now, we are losing revenue," Mr Keith told the BBC.

"My wife and I run the store and are self-employed. That means we are losing potential income to support our family."

Several other users have reported problems with PayPal, eBay's payment processing site.

eBay's websites have suffered a series of technical problems this year, in addition to a massive data breach in May which affected up to 145 million eBay customers.

Several US states as well as UK and European authorities are investigating the company in the wake of the breach.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SAME HERE. made two sales earlier today and downloades the packing list, then I do not exist. I did a search for my products and found the main photo and link to my sale but when I clicked on it I got taken back to the same page.
Cyberdan, I figured you'd know this already, but figured it was worth mentioning.
If you all can't get in to ebay for stuff you've already bought/sold, go through paypal. It should have all the transaction info, address, even persons email.

I guess I should go look for the person I bought the camera from last night. At least they have a 100% feedback.
Good luck all.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you all can't get in to ebay for stuff you've already bought/sold, go through paypal. It should have all the transaction info, address, even persons email.
Actually I hadn't because I had already printed out the ebay and paypal paperwork.

I did check my PP account and all my $$ are still there.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4:30 PM pacific time, I am in. but boy did it take a long time to load those pages and get past the sign in page. must be a million very unhappy sellers trying to get in at the same time.

They went and changed how things look again. everything is there, but nothing sold today. (just early this AM)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread