it is slow for me in other ways,
when I go on to research finds
it's usually bogged down so bad
these days I Have restart my computer to get out

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
happens to me every summer...i just sell marbles and i sell them from after thanksgiving to march...thats also my slow time with my job....old vintage marbles are gettin harder to find...lotsa newbies sellin em now...they think everythings a killer and the prices are way outta line...i cant remember the last time i bought anything from the bay....

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the good old days I was selling about 98% of what I listed. It was rare that I had an item not sell. Now, my sell through is about 80%. Of course, I don't list junk that isn't going to sell. I only list items that I am confident will sell and sell the first time around.

If your sell through is low, it's because you aren't selling the right items. Get the right items and your sell through can easily be 100%.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ITS THE ECONOMY -- when things get "tight" so do people --the fun "hobby & toys & playthings" are the first things to suffer -- in a down economy folks tighten the belt -- E bay now has more & more folks trying to sell their "stuff" and fewer folks buying "stuff" -- dats just the way it is folks. --hard times are upon us. :(

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last month was not good, I changed what I was selling and have done pretty good this month.

brendan1414

Apr 9, 2011
ivan salis said:
ITS THE ECONOMY -- when things get "tight" so do people --the fun "hobby & toys & playthings" are the first things to suffer -- in a down economy folks tighten the belt -- E bay now has more & more folks trying to sell their "stuff" and fewer folks buying "stuff" -- dats just the way it is folks. --hard times are upon us. :(

this

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Summer months have always seemed slower to me. People are busy with outdoor activities. I usually wait till fall to list.

OP
OP
cheese

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Hmm. Maybe it will pick up in the fall then. I sell a few lawnmower parts during the summer though, and they aren't even selling well. I have a few construction type items that I would think would be less prone to seasonal influences too, but maybe not. I sell a variety of things, from construction related items to lawnmower parts to vintage items. Maybe it'll get better in the fall then. Thanks for the input!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread