Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more sales/bids. Up to 33 for the month so far. Less than I was at the same point of last month, but better $/item so far.

i got the 100.day promo and re-listed 25 yesterday. Still have 50 to relist that I will split between tonight/tomorrow to spread them out a bit

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed 6 tonight and got a bid on 2 redlines from the last auction as well as 2 sales.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been listing a few ebay, the boots and riding jacket getting more views than anything.
Listed some on Etsy, made a few sales this week, and great news! Someone has fallen in LOVE with my gold seashell ornaments. YAY!
They want 100 to 150, oh lordy me, LOL!
Well, she ordered 3 to look at, we'll take it from there. We spoke over the phone, they want to do them as client gifts for the holidays.
They are not the simple ones, I will give her cheaper, they want the heavily hand beaded embellished ones, did I say HAND embellshed?
Yeah, guess who's little hands do the embellishing. :laughing7: I'm gonna be real busy guys/gals. I'll try to keep up. lol. :laughing7:

and don't get me wrong, I'm happy to do it. I gonna needs lotsa glue and beads :laughing7:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My big time lure buyer that buys 7 or 8 lots at a time normally is going through buying some right now. I love big orders. :laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've been listing a few ebay, the boots and riding jacket getting more views than anything.
Listed some on Etsy, made a few sales this week, and great news! Someone has fallen in LOVE with my gold seashell ornaments. YAY!
They want 100 to 150, oh lordy me, LOL!
Well, she ordered 3 to look at, we'll take it from there. We spoke over the phone, they want to do them as client gifts for the holidays.
They are not the simple ones, I will give her cheaper, they want the heavily hand beaded embellished ones, did I say HAND embellshed?
Yeah, guess who's little hands do the embellishing. :laughing7: I'm gonna be real busy guys/gals. I'll try to keep up. lol. :laughing7:

and don't get me wrong, I'm happy to do it. I gonna needs lotsa glue and beads :laughing7:
Well done! Keep us posted!

sent from a potato with gravy!!...

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few more sales. Knights of Columbus badge I paid $2 for sold for $20 shipped. Some shirts and hats too.
Cant complain about slower sales compared to last month. I have not listed much so far this month. Taking pictures and measurements today to get a head start on new listings though

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I sold a few over the weekend. But I need to list a bunch more items.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I did relists all the stuff that didn't sell, LOL. Some more will expire this evening, too.
I also have 120 seashells to get done asap! Well, as soon as I have a deposit, I've already done about 20. :hello2: I had them here already.
The boots sold, but to someone in Germany. I'm not sure if I messed up or not. It's going to the KY address with a reference number.
I charged $14.00 for US shipping, not Germany shipping, or I thought I did. :BangHead:
Will they make him pay the rest of the shipping charges to Germany or will I have to pay them? Do ya'll know?

I looked, and as usual, I can't find answers on ebay worth a flip anymore or it takes me 3 days. I'm a kind of, pick up the phone, call you, ask you, you tell me, kinda person. :laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have all countries blocked except the US. Still.... I get people from other countries bidding. Every time though it's worked out. They had a US shipping address, company that ships overseas or someone they know in the US.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have all countries blocked except the US. Still.... I get people from other countries bidding. Every time though it's worked out. They had a US shipping address, company that ships overseas or someone they know in the US.

I've sold recently 3 Gold Necklaces Way over spot and they sold through the global shipping program. Another diamond ring recently for $400 same thing. Haven't had any problems with it yet.

But tonight I did list six things and then I turn my phone on and start looking at the site and totally get distracted. I have 40 auctions ending this weekend coming up. And so far 10 starting next weekend. Hope to get another 40 but I have my work cut out for me as I'm not feeling motivated. I really need to List a bunch of stuff. I think one auction I'm going to run this weekend will be a foreign silver coin lot I have no idea what it will go for it I really don't care either.

kali_is_my_copilot

Feb 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I finally got some new listings up so I can contribute to this thread again, I've been relisting slow movers for like a month now and they're all gone but one. Five sales for the month (due to my own laziness), today I listed 14 pieces of silver jewelry (BINs) and relisted that one old one. Slaved over taking lots of perfect pictures and have things priced to move so here's to lots of holiday sales. I have 3 more BINs and 5 auctions saved as drafts, they're ready to roll except for the pics but I just couldn't do it anymore.

I had been feeling like sales were slow but I'm pretty sure that's just because, well, you have to list stuff on eBay for it to sell. Also finally found a place to consign stuff that won't do as well on eBay, unloaded 1/3 of a gallon ziploc's worth of generic sterling jewelry that should do pretty well there. Turnaround is a little slower but I can sell for significantly more there than online.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turbo man sold, along with some other toys from that auction. It puts me up to 21 so far for October.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blah. I've had two requests for returns on items that didnt fit in the last week. I think Ive had 1 in the last 8 months prior to this.
Worst part is, I provide measurements!

Inventoried, photographed, and measured 25 shirts hats and other items today. Time to do some listings :)

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Haven't listed or sold anything in a while. Work is getting busy again. I need to take some time and do some serious listing!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been listing some, but it is slow right now. I'm struggling to get a sale.

mickael

Jul 14, 2014
France
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Tesoro µMax - lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't posted lately but have been busy
went to an auction came out with some nuggets
auctions are great here in France especially at the end ... they start throwing lots together
and auction them for 10-20€... for instance the auctioneer held up a beautiful china porcelain
tea pot and plate I bid and won for 20€... was really happyish
but what I didn't realize was there was a whole shelf of 44 pieces I almost swallowed my tongue when I saw what I had won without realizing it ...

also 2 matching gold gilded frames for paintings probably 100 years old... I got both for 35€ and I posted them for 165€ lot of lookers but not sold yet, they will pop one of these days for sure

also I have a charity shop here that I went to and picked up 4 playstation 1 went back the next time picked up 2 then again
another 4 and also a playstation 2 so now I've got 10 playstation 1 and 1 playstation 2 to sell I paid a total of 50€ for all of them

I haven't posted yet because of a camera issue
I saw a really nice Panasonic Lumix on ebay with 6 days left
starting bid at 50€ I contacted the person and said I needed a camera urgently
they said bid it and they would stop the auction so I won it ... with shipping 58€ it's worth probably 80€

anyway... I watched Dallas Moore's latest post where he rambles on for 55 minutes
if you guys can sit still for 55 minutes you might have some serious ah-ha moments... I did for sure

I like the part where he says he has the same exact items on ebay and amazon
on ebay last month he sold none and on amazon he sold 40 ...

cheers

Last edited:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love when they start selling table fulls at auctions. You can get some good deals that way. Nice job Mickael!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread