Ebay Listing Accountability Thread

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ended Jan with 95 sales and already have 10 for February. I seem to always start and and each month with more action than mid-month.
Some good sales too. Bunch of 20-30$ shirts and a $55 challenge coin I got from a lot of 5 for $12.
Also sold a fillmore posters tie I got a year ago and never listed (ties are super slow for me)... turns out it is a great one and sold for $30. Paid 1 or 2 for it.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, thanks Justin. I guess there isn't a problem with sending it in a regional rate box? Thanks again!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will be watching this thread, perhaps it will motivate me to sell some my excess stuff.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed 10 items. Got low offers on several. Hope for something good tonight! Did sell 1 for $265. Glad to see it go !

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, thanks Justin. I guess there isn't a problem with sending it in a regional rate box? Thanks again!

Ive never used GSP, but I did read that you treat it as if the processing center is the normal customer, so however you would normally ship what you sold to where the center is (KY?) should be fine. They repackage most shipments from what I read. Like I said, never done it, just did some research on it a few months ago.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ive never used GSP, but I did read that you treat it as if the processing center is the normal customer, so however you would normally ship what you sold to where the center is (KY?) should be fine. They repackage most shipments from what I read. Like I said, never done it, just did some research on it a few months ago.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day yesterday/last night. 15 sales for Feb so far!

Some small ones I was happy to get rid of (Ralph Lauren shirts Ive had for 6-10 months that would not move).
Some nicer ones too (Tommy Hilfiger varsity cardigan for $40)

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Great day yesterday/last night. 15 sales for Feb so far!

Some small ones I was happy to get rid of (Ralph Lauren shirts Ive had for 6-10 months that would not move).
Some nicer ones too (Tommy Hilfiger varsity cardigan for $40)

I'm assuming you do mostly BIN clothing items. How many listings do you have at any one time & do you have a store? I mostly do auctions starting the price at the minimum I'd accept but am opening a basic store soon so will be doing more BIN. Most of what I sell is vintage/collectible items. I've hit a wall as far as finding inventory & am having to branch out into other areas. There is a steep learning curve associated with that so any info I can get is helpful.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm assuming you do mostly BIN clothing items. How many listings do you have at any one time & do you have a store? I mostly do auctions starting the price at the minimum I'd accept but am opening a basic store soon so will be doing more BIN. Most of what I sell is vintage/collectible items. I've hit a wall as far as finding inventory & am having to branch out into other areas. There is a steep learning curve associated with that so any info I can get is helpful.

Last year I did all auctions at the least I'd accept with BIN options. I opened a store in Jan, and since then have been doing fixed price since it is no additional charge to do it (opposed to 30 cents for clothing) and because 30 days means I don't blow through all my free listings as quick as 7 day auctions.

I have a bunch of non-clothing items to list. I probably will do BIN for those (coins, collectibles) and just do my research on the best price to set it at. May do an auction or two, who knows.

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I opened a basic store today for the 50 free BIN, the reduced Final Value Fees & being able to put sales on hold if I go out of town. With the monthly dollar volume I'm doing the reduced FVF covers the store cost & the free BINs are gravy. I like to schedule my auctions to end on Saturday/Sunday. That way I can list a few every day & do most of my shipping on Monday. Now that I have a store they want to charge me 10 cents for each listing I schedule. I still want my auctions to end on Sat/Sun but don't want to pay for the privilege. Anyone know how to get around that?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened a basic store today for the 50 free BIN, the reduced Final Value Fees & being able to put sales on hold if I go out of town. With the monthly dollar volume I'm doing the reduced FVF covers the store cost & the free BINs are gravy. I like to schedule my auctions to end on Saturday/Sunday. That way I can list a few every day & do most of my shipping on Monday. Now that I have a store they want to charge me 10 cents for each listing I schedule. I still want my auctions to end on Sat/Sun but don't want to pay for the privilege. Anyone know how to get around that?

Yep, List them for a late starting time. Say like mid night. Then if you want to start them at 9:00, go edit them to start now. Instead of the midnight. It will be free. But you have to do them one at a time. A lot quicker doing it on my iPhone while watching the 10:00 news!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Justin I really appreciate it. I guess I'll just send it in the RRA and hope everything works out. trdhdr007, let me know how you do on that. I was considering that if it was worth it.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got the ebay notice, starting tomorrow, 100 free listings a day, until the 11th.
Feb 5 - 11. So get your pics edited and get ready for tomorrow. :laughing7:
Good luck, too all.

ETA: HEY, they got the 10 day auctions free on this promotion, too! YAY! lol.

Last edited:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold 4 so far this morning. That puts me at 8 for February. I got the offer as well. Again, excluding relists. :dontknow: Oh well, it is better than getting nothing.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up to 18 sales for the month! Still listing every day so far this year!

I also got the offer- hopefully I can find some items to auction. I am kinda getting used to the BIN process... haha

Yeah, I forgot about the lower final value fees with a store. Last month, I came out ahead just on that long, nevermind more listings and longer listings

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
Justin I really appreciate it. I guess I'll just send it in the RRA and hope everything works out. trdhdr007, let me know how you do on that. I was considering that if it was worth it.

With a store the FVF are 9% max (with certain categories even lower) which is 1% less than without a store. As long as I meet my goal of $12-1500/month I save $12-15 in FVF each month. You also get 50 free BIN listings. Extra BIN are 20 cents or 5 cents for books/DVDs. I can't see it being worth it unless you sell $1500/ month, list more than 50 BIN, or a combination of the two. That seems to be the break even point.

If you rely on the free listing promotions you can avoid opening a store even longer. I'm semi-retired & have been for years. Selling on eBay & at the local antique mall covers 25-75% of what I need to live on. It's something I can do when I feel like it leaving the majority of my time free. Relying on the free listing promotions is not worth giving up that flexibility for the few dollars I'd save.

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All 150 of my free listings are ''BIN-able'', not just the additional 50. Are you sure only 50 of yours are?

yeah, I formerly relied on the free listing promos to keep it going, but I'd flux between 60 listings and 200. it is nice to keep a constant flow. Going over and paying 20 cents is also better than 30 cents...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a store the FVF are 9% max (with certain categories even lower) which is 1% less than without a store. As long as I meet my goal of $12-1500/month I save $12-15 in FVF each month. You also get 50 free BIN listings. Extra BIN are 20 cents or 5 cents for books/DVDs. I can't see it being worth it unless you sell $1500/ month, list more than 50 BIN, or a combination of the two. That seems to be the break even point.

If you rely on the free listing promotions you can avoid opening a store even longer. I'm semi-retired & have been for years. Selling on eBay & at the local antique mall covers 25-75% of what I need to live on. It's something I can do when I feel like it leaving the majority of my time free. Relying on the free listing promotions is not worth giving up that flexibility for the few dollars I'd save.

Alright, I kind of figured I would need to beef up sales first. I really appreciate you replying. I'm not at $1500 yet. Thanks!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another reason for a store... Mark down manager. Just put all my bin Obo at 20% off last night. Sold 14 items today, one was a bracelet for $750! $1340 day.. I forgot about that feature and was laying In bed. And thought.... I have not done a sale for awhile... It runs for 35 days.

Need a total of $1780 for my daughters surgery in 3 weeks. This was a very helpful day... Hate using the credit card. And I can pull out of savings. But I have challenged myself to take some reasonable offers and work hard to try to get that goal of the money we need for it.

have a good night!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread