Ebay Listing Removed..... Question about it

Not going tit for tat with you. I sold very high end stuff, so 10% is a TON of loot to give eBay. If you're selling $5 trinkets, who cares?

Agree to disagree, but don't act like I don't know what I'm talking about.

It's not ebay's fault your profit margin was too thin to absorb another 2-3%. Considering you call the fees giving it to ebay are you one of those people who wants everything for free? I'm sure you will say no, but that statement certainly speaks volumes. It's business and the real world, you just deal with it. Ebay is not very well suited to my own selling in some ways, but that's just how it is.

Last edited:
If such a little thing upsets you to such a degree, then Ebay is probably not the place to sell.
What upsets me are the inconsistencies. Don't allow a dozen people to sell an item while bullying a single person (me) for selling the same. There shouldn't be a gray area here.

I had the same thing happen to me and other listings with the same item (a coin that had a finger file and a tiny knife blade) were allowed to run and sell. I also had bids. I tried relisting for a 24 hr. auction---pulled again. I got very low seller ratings for awhile on that one and I had to take an online class on eBay selling rules--- :/. I still have the coin "knife". Crazy! I also had one pulled because I used the word Ivory in the title. It was very old glass beads and an ivory carved pendant. I am glad that one got pulled, because I ended up keeping it and like it a lot!!! Good luck! I'd maybe wait the 3 months before re-listing or include it in a "junk lot".

Alright guys, take it easy...

Ebay has enough issues that we can all complain about it here as we see fit.

In the end I think we can all agree that ebay serves a purpose that is unrivaled in any other (virtual) arena.

What upsets me are the inconsistencies. Don't allow a dozen people to sell an item while bullying a single person (me) for selling the same. There shouldn't be a gray area here.

It's a system set up for millions and not perfect, and neither are the thousands of people working there. That being said, I've been flagged for musket balls! Things I've sold for years, and obviously there was countless other listings on at the same time. I assume it had to be the word "musket" that did it, but there's no good reason why the listing was booted. So to me it was dumb, but certainly not a big deal... not even a little deal. The only other thing I have been flagged for twice was gun parts, again likely for using the word musket. Obviously these things are harmless, so I have no question it's just a computer program doing the deleting. I believe I did have them listed worldwide so that could have triggered it.

So in each case something to do with a gun is involved, and looking from it from ebay's point of view maybe they have it set up with the thinking better to be safe than sorry. I sell a lot of other stuff and never an issue so ebay doesn't just cancel things because they have a quota or something. I have no idea how long you've done this, or on what level, but I can tell you you'll drive yourself crazy reacting the way you are... and i know that because I used to be an Ebay firecracker. I had a zero tolerance for stupid people, or people who thought they could take advantage of me in any way, and I'd fight it out for days no matter how big or small. But after doing that so many times, and also letting the little Ebay things make me nuts, I finally reached the point when I decided the money isn't worth dealing with this crap for extend periods so now I either let things bounce off me, or solve the issue asap. What happened to you would not even reach a 1 on a 1-10 headache scale for me because it's so inconsequential to the real goals I have.

I had the same thing happen to me and other listings with the same item (a coin that had a finger file and a tiny knife blade) were allowed to run and sell. I also had bids. I tried relisting for a 24 hr. auction---pulled again. I got very low seller ratings for awhile on that one and I had to take an online class on eBay selling rules--- :/. I still have the coin "knife". Crazy! I also had one pulled because I used the word Ivory in the title. It was very old glass beads and an ivory carved pendant. I am glad that one got pulled, because I ended up keeping it and like it a lot!!! Good luck! I'd maybe wait the 3 months before re-listing or include it in a "junk lot".

An Ebay online selling rules class? That sounds totally ridiculous but it sounds like you're being serious, and I have never heard of such a thing. How exactly does that work?

The Ivory one doesn't surprise me at all. Very strict laws on that stuff.

This is HILARIOUS! I never heard that!

eBay is a bunch of hypocrites. They'll take your money, screw over the seller any chance they get, and end your auctions with no human explanation.
Here is a picture of Obama in Pee Pee
images

Diggumup that sucks man, especially one an auction you know you were gonna make good money on. Having an ongoing auction taken down is a big time-waster.

I've been dealing with one of my auctions repeatedly taken down and I don't know what to about it. Its' a Ben Franklin Half Dollar in beautiful shape, nice strike and luster, very little wear. I got it from my grandmother to sell to help pay for my grandfathers hospital bills. Thing is, it's in a case that has printed "MS63/65," but no grading service is given. I initially put up the post with MS63/65 in the title, but explained clearly in the item description that the grading is unofficial. The post was taken down quickly. So, I reposted, and didn't put MS63/65 in the title, but merely added one sentence in the description stating "Case says MS 63/65, but grading service is unknown so this is NOT the grade." Still taken down! what am I supposed to do, just ignore the grade? or can I not even sell it in this case? ridiculous if you ask me. But like others stated, Ebay is for the masses and the masses have to be subject to universal (and very often ridiculous!) rules in order to be controlled. Sounds like they took a page out of our governments book!

I had a similar instance. I was selling off my mom's purses. There were several, with three Pradas. Never had an issue until the last one. It was yanked about an hour after listing, saying it was determined it was not legit. So I called eBay. They said that they had people who were experts and it was pulled by them. The serial number was listed in the listing and you can verify it the purse by that number. I appealed it but they wanted the sales receipt from the Prada store (mom couldn't find it) or a letter of authenticity from a Prada store to CONSIDER letting me list it. Well, turns out my wife wanted that one (older pattern style) and she decided to buy it herself but eBay said they did have actual people looking for things because of possible legal liabilities.

Considering you call the fees giving it to ebay are you one of those people who wants everything for free? I'm sure you will say no, but that statement certainly speaks volumes. It's business and the real world, you just deal with it. Ebay is not very well suited to my own selling in some ways, but that's just how it is.

I want everything for free? Not hardly, I pay my way everywhere, don't take handouts and certainly don't expect someone to even spit on me without charging me. Weak statement.

Leaving negative feedback is important, because if a buyer screws me and buys a $5000 Alexander Ovechkin Rookie card, claims item not as described and sends me back a Mickey Mouse card - I have NO WAY of warning others. See, that's not important to you, because it's never happened to you. I lost over $10k worth of crap before I gave up. You know why? I still had to pay fees, and federal taxes on that $10k I lost. But I want everything for free.....

eBay/Paypal does nothing about it either - just takes my money and allows the scammer to continue to operate. But I can't tell you something you don't already know.

Last edited:
Diggumup that sucks man, especially one an auction you know you were gonna make good money on. Having an ongoing auction taken down is a big time-waster.

I've been dealing with one of my auctions repeatedly taken down and I don't know what to about it. Its' a Ben Franklin Half Dollar in beautiful shape, nice strike and luster, very little wear. I got it from my grandmother to sell to help pay for my grandfathers hospital bills. Thing is, it's in a case that has printed "MS63/65," but no grading service is given. I initially put up the post with MS63/65 in the title, but explained clearly in the item description that the grading is unofficial. The post was taken down quickly. So, I reposted, and didn't put MS63/65 in the title, but merely added one sentence in the description stating "Case says MS 63/65, but grading service is unknown so this is NOT the grade." Still taken down! what am I supposed to do, just ignore the grade? or can I not even sell it in this case? ridiculous if you ask me. But like others stated, Ebay is for the masses and the masses have to be subject to universal (and very often ridiculous!) rules in order to be controlled. Sounds like they took a page out of our governments book!

Yes, read ebay's policy on coin grading in listings.

What you are attempting to do is blatantly against ebay policy. Yours is not an isolated case either. Auctions get flagged for that sort of thing all the time.

What does MS 63/65 even mean?

They recently changed the policy regarding coins and grading this past year. Another blanket policy. Kind of stupid but whatever.

The thing about sellers not being able to leave neg. fb is a crock of ..., I never agreed with it. It doesn't make sense. Nothing we can do about it I guess. Ebay has sellers by the cajones, and their yanking 'em.

As for my complaint about my listing being removed while a dozen others are still listed, I understand it "may" be a bot crawler that did it. However, i've never received an email from the bay specifically linking me to another website that sells the item in question, so I have my doubts about the crawler. I'm not upset about per se, but it is just another example of ebay ineptitude, bot or not. I'm over it, i'll sell it elsewhere.

PS- Iron Patch, I've been on ebay long enough to see many (too many) changes, the majority of them not good for sellers. I am not a high level powerseller, just a bronze level, but I do average about 350 transactions a year for the last decade or so. I'm not a newbie. I've been around the block more than once. I do this for fun (as well as profit), it's one of my hobbies. I don't depend on ebay to make my living. If I did, it wouldn't be fun anymore, nor would it be a hobby, it'd be a job.

Summary-
Maybe i'm too judgemental or too hot headed, oh well. That's something for me to work on. Who's perfect? Nobody. One thing i'm not is... a middle of the road "yes man". If I don't agree with something I speak my mind. If someone gets pissed off in the process, oh well. That's their problem not mine, and that works both ways. Good luck to everyone, happy hunting.

I want everything for free? Not hardly, I pay my way everywhere, don't take handouts and certainly don't expect someone to even spit on me without charging me. Weak statement.

Leaving negative feedback is important, because if a buyer screws me and buys a $5000 Alexander Ovechkin Rookie card, claims item not as described and sends me back a Mickey Mouse card - I have NO WAY of warning others. See, that's not important to you, because it's never happened to you. I lost over $10k worth of crap before I gave up. You know why? I still had to pay fees, and federal taxes on that $10k I lost. But I want everything for free.....

eBay/Paypal does nothing about it either - just takes my money and allows the scammer to continue to operate. But I can't tell you something you don't already know.

I've decided it's better to leave you to talk to your friend about your Obama bottle pic. You'll have a whole lot more in common with him than me.

What you are attempting to do is blatantly against ebay policy. Yours is not an isolated case either. Auctions get flagged for that sort of thing all the time.

I never sell graded coins myself, but you just wrote me post, or at least everything I was thinking. That's what gets me about so many of these complaints, there's valid reasons why ebay is booting them. I might have said it before, but I follow a watch forum a little, and they bust a lot of fakes on ebay. (It's a brand with a lot of fake watches) Sometimes it only takes one or two reporting and a day for it to be removed, but other times they really have to work on getting the thing off, and believe me they do. So when you have something deleted from ebay such as that coin, if it didn't go in the first hour or two, it was likely people viewing the listing and clicking to report it. That, or ebay staff that goes through the categories. Either way if it keeps getting booted it's a pretty good sign there's something wrong. Some of those fake watch sellers do list again, and even a 3rd time in some cases, but eventually they come to understand whoever is watching has extremely good eyes... not realizing it's many members on a forum busting them.

They recently changed the policy regarding coins and grading this past year. Another blanket policy. Kind of stupid but whatever.

The thing about sellers not being able to leave neg. fb is a crock of ..., I never agreed with it. It doesn't make sense. Nothing we can do about it I guess. Ebay has sellers by the cajones, and their yanking 'em.

As for my complaint about my listing being removed while a dozen others are still listed, I understand it "may" be a bot crawler that did it. However, i've never received an email from the bay specifically linking me to another website that sells the item in question, so I have my doubts about the crawler. I'm not upset about per se, but it is just another example of ebay ineptitude, bot or not. I'm over it, i'll sell it elsewhere.

PS- Iron Patch, I've been on ebay long enough to see many (too many) changes, the majority of them not good for sellers. I am not a high level powerseller, just a bronze level, but I do average about 350 transactions a year for the last decade or so. I'm not a newbie. I've been around the block more than once. I do this for fun (as well as profit), it's one of my hobbies. I don't depend on ebay to make my living. If I did, it wouldn't be fun anymore, nor would it be a hobby, it'd be a job.

Summary-
Maybe i'm too judgemental or too hot headed, oh well. That's something for me to work on. Who's perfect? Nobody. One thing i'm not is... a middle of the road "yes man". If I don't agree with something I speak my mind. If someone gets pissed off in the process, oh well. That's their problem not mine, and that works both ways. Good luck to everyone, happy hunting.

I also wasn't a big fan of some of the changes, but others they made were good for me, so I just take the bad with the good. I like ebay regardless of whether it's fulltime or partime, but do admit I can burn myself out pretty good.... but I'd still rather do this than almost anything else. I too started off just doing it on the side but in 2000 I was sort of in the position of WTF am I going to do now... no job, no money. Funny how things work out.

63 obverse 65 reverse. so If I want to sell the coin, it can't be in that holder at all or I can't mention the grade on the holder in the listing?

Last edited:
It picks up on key words with its own internal search engines. The same way google does when it searches. Try changing the key words or listing it like the similar items for sale and you should be ok with your cap pistol.. I sold some gun scabbards . I had to say leather horse gun scabbards. They sold way high.
Good luck.

I wish they had a pin fire gatling gun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back