Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Can you contest it thru PayPal? Also I would phone ebay and speak to someone,..telling them that you want to contest their decision.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
That happened repeatedly to my wife when she sold through eBay. Never again!
dts

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before contacting Ebay you need to file a police report and an IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint). I would also contact USPS and file a mail fraud complaint. Then contact Ebay. I have been told they will usually side with the seller if the complaints have been initiated.

OP
OP
T

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay has stopped using paypal So this transaction did not go through Paypal. eBay is now managing my payments. This is the second over 250 dollar hit I have taken in three months

Heavygold4me

Jan 27, 2020
South mississippi
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 , Nox 600, Excalibur II, manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I run an eBay store through my work. It’s happened to us a couple of time, someone claims defective merchandise and sends back something that is obviously used. eBay has always sided with the buyer so the seller doesn’t seem to have any protection. Case in point, customer says depth gauge he purchased is defective. Send a return label and refund the money. Get the item back and it’s some used piece of crap that is broken. Then to top it off he leaves positive feedback about how the item works great and just what he needed. If it was up to me I would close the account but my name isn’t on the building.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah that's the way it is anymore on ebay. Seems all they want anymore are power sellers who can absorb the losses from these hands free buyers. That's just business in today's e-commerce world. Its maybe been two years since I've sat down to list stuff on ebay and I'm pretty sure they don't miss me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread