Shipping Delay Issues USPS

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright, I was going through some of my old tracking numbers from December and I've got several that are showing arrival at random facilities across the US and still not delivered back from like 12/12 and 12/16, etc. I've got some more recent ones as well that are about double their time, but I'm not too surprised about those, I know Christmas is crazy and all of that, but still, this is insane. It's a mix of first class and priority mail packages. Is anyone else experiencing similar issues. I've only had a couple buyers complaining about it so far, but if it continues, I know I'm going to have more on me. Any ideas?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been epidemic.
Lots of complaints.

Stuff gets bounced around the country when it's nearer it's destination earlier.
Stuff that stalls out at a location.
And stuff that evaporates , only to reappear later.

Yes. There has been a lot of slow and delayed ....

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here, had some shipped back December 10th that just arrived a couple of days ago.

Tracking not updating too.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
It’s common with USPS and FedEx. But all of my shipments are still taking less than 7 days so far. My local post office said they have packages scanned in but can’t get sent out for a day or three due to the backlogs in the shipping chain. And he said a major part was when the shipping services decided to stop shipping certain items or from certain areas during the holiday rush. This reminds me...I need to get those postal desk workers some gift cards so they continue to take care of me!

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My post office said that the backlogs were crazy too and that was the main issue. I hope it gets resolved soon. Stuff that's apparently been sitting for 20 days is ridiculous, especially when it's supposed to be there in 2. Hopefully some of it just didn't get scanned

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Shipped a $250 self made item on 12/4 on etsy, lady got to me around the 20th and asked if she would get a refund if the item never showed up.
I said yes of course the loss would be mine, I explained the postal glut best as I could, and requested she wait a few days after new years then file for a refund on etsy, then I'd haggle with the PO trying to get the $50 insurance.

I filed an inquiry with the PO, magically the next day tracking was updated and said arrived at the local facility and will be out for delivery the next day, and it was.
I don't know if my inquiry kicked them into a gear, I doubt it but very glad the item showed up, 3 weeks late and just after Xmas, which she intended to give as a gift.

I drove my a local USPS distribution center last week, there was a line of truck at least 2 miles long waiting to get in, no question but there is a major glut in the chain primarilty due to the kung flu of course. More people buying on line = more parcels to be delivered, plus shortage of employees due to sickness and fear. I notice "help wanted" signs on just about every postal facility I pass, which I have never seen before. This time of year, local storms can have a big impact as well.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a government paid job. This is what happens when you are handed a pay check. The only way to fix this is hang a gone out of business sign on the door. That is what business have to do that perform this poorly.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
USPS just gets worse. Over the past few years, one of my regular buyers, in the next town over, who pays by check via mail, has gone from an average of 1-2 days to 10-14 days after being postmarked.

Time for more coffee.

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Knock on wood but I’ve not had the huge delays that some are having. And luckily my buyers read and understand the message from eBay that there are shipping delays. Online buying during a pandemic is unprecedentedly high and, in my humble opinion, with the cuts over the summer by the Postmaster General, the USPS is doing pretty good. Every time I go to my local post office, there are now more people in line and shipping items. And my local mailman went from finishing up at 5pm to still working at 8pm with so many deliveries. IMG_4211.jpg
This is a regular thing these days. And USPS delivers for these shippers in a lot of cases as well.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone seen there items stuck start moving?

NJearthman

Oct 31, 2020
Central Jersey THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, EQUINOX 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What’s worse is when tracking says your parcel was delivered you go to the mail box or your front door minutes after you get the notice and it’s not there. That’s how they get off the hook. The pack mule finds pouch I ordered that was on the truck for delivery on Dec 26 was scanned “DELIVERED” on Dec 29. It’s Jan 3rd and I still have not seen it. :BangHead:

AmericanGeode

Nov 23, 2020
Cleveland, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am selling from our small business, America Geode, and delays have meant an extra 9 days added to 2 day mail. I also work for an art gallery and antiques site, and we have had so many complaints about late USPS. Problem is the items are not technically "lost" so one can not fill out an insurance claim for lost packages. Seems like most tracking hims along, then gets caught up and does not move for 9-15 days, and then all of the sudden "arrived." But unless something is declared "lost," one can only watch the tracking, and it's not lost.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in addition to shipped items, try to keep track of bills that you expect - for those who still get paper bills in the mail. My electric company sent emails to customers for whom they had email addresses last week, warning that many customers were not receiving their electric bills. I checked, found it was due in 2 days and immediately paid online. I still have not received the paper bill.

We need a thread on suggestions for how to celebrate safely when DeJoy is gone.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"priority" is now like media mail....:BangHead:
I have been using UPS as much as possible. Faster the USPS has ever been.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bills are not getting here before the due date, however, I am paying most everything online now.

Of the packages I sent between Dec. 1 and last week, 5 of 7 have been delivered. Two are still out there, one mailed Dec. 11 the other Dec. 17.

Amazon is right on time.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have no proof but I think it stands to reason that Amazon parcels get priority treatment over most others.
I ordered something last week and it arrived the next day, musta been in a nearby warehouse. Liked the item [one of those massagers with heat for use in a car or at home], so I bought one as a gift 3 days before xmas, that one took 2 days.

And here, the item I sent in a Priority box took nearly a month to arrive.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two boxes that are late..one is a week late And one 3 weeks.. one says in transit and the other says in transit arriving late..according to the tracking numbers

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it not the shipper. Jan. 19th I placed 3 small orders with Solider Valley Spirts in the mid-west, they were paid Jan.20th, as of Feb. 24th, nothing. No return of phone calls, no answer to E-Mails, no tracking #'s......

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deathwish Coffee has me Spoiled.
I ordered my Coffee Monday Morning, from Aston PA Near Philly. Figured I'd have it Friday, Saturday at the Latest.
Monday Evening I Get a Tracking Number Australia Post :laughing7: instead of usps. I immediately contact them.
tuesday they apologize for a computer glitch, and ship Fex Ex, my order came last night

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread