Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting for sure...

The one thing I dont understand, is that its guaranteed all wheats, but it is unsearched?

Are these rolls hoarded from the 50's or something?

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Interesting for sure...

The one thing I dont understand, is that its guaranteed all wheats, but it is unsearched?

Are these rolls hoarded from the 50's or something?

They are usually just coins the sellers themselves buy off eBay and then stuff them into rolls. Then they buy nice coins for Enders on the rolls.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know why people fall for this, just read their past sales and reviews, chances are they don't have endless supplies of old unopened rolls. Most of the time you will read negative comments and you will end up paying for the two enders plus some for the mystery coins + SHIPPING! Too risky but now atleast you know how to make some money scamming people on ebay, I for one just cant put myself to doing that crap.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a second note they also make outlandish and often convincing/intriguing stories of their grandparents leaving them hoards of change and that they "don't know much about coins" ..They all seem to know a thing or two though thats for sure.. I've also noticed that lots of people pulling on the heart strings of people and make 1% of their unsearched rolls go to charity, woweeee. What people will do to get a buck i swear..All it does is take advantage of people gullible hearts.

Last edited:

CopperHoarder

Dec 23, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Don't use one yet.
Primary Interest:
Other
These are usually just cons trying to make money off of worthless coins.. It may say "Indian Ender" But most likely it's just junk dates nothing good.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
isnt it suspicious that there are SO MANY unsearched wheat penny rolls from diff people and everyone claims its from an ESTATE SALE? "HINT HINT"

May i ask where is this estate so that i may go there?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know somebody who broke down and bought a few unsearched penny rolls off of ebay, he actually got some good cents like higher grade early wheats, several IHP'S(not as enders), steel cents, etc. but I would never buy an "unsearched roll", except from the bank, for face value.
hh

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever is selling the "unsearched" lots/rolls of coins must have some pretty darn good restraint if they are in fact telling the truth. If I bought coins from an estate sale or auction or what have you, you can be absolutely certain that I'd be searching them for myself for those key dates!

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
People who buy these unsearched lots get what they deserve.

How much common sense does it take to deduce this-- they obviously know how much certain coins go for as they advertise, "Possible VDB S?"

That said, Is there a single person who actually believes that if you got a wheat ender and saw a VDB, you would not be ripping that open as fast as you could? If people bid on these ludicrous hopes of scoring a 1909 VDB S then the adage "there's a sucker born every minute" will live on for infamy.

MU

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread