OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes carter started the funding but what I was getting at was Reagan also funded too. So yes both parties have funded radicals.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

And again I would not call them radicals, they were patriots fighting a communist government and occupation of their country...

I have a hard time calling anyone fighting a communist takeover of their country as radical...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The KKK and the MB share nothing in common. The MB will not just disappear. But just for fun: is there anyone out there who thinks the KKK should be denied the right to vote? I was physically assaulted by a member of the KKK as a teenager, and I still wouldn't deny them the vote.

WOW!!!!! Color me Shocked. How old are you? I never thought you were in your 80s?

Uggs2013

Greenie
Aug 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And again I would not call them radicals, they were patriots fighting a communist government and occupation of their country...

I have a hard time calling anyone fighting a communist takeover of their country as radical...

Maybe not at the time but I'm pretty sure Reagan or I should say something like 14 of his cabinet members did without his knowledge. (Iran contra)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!!! Color me Shocked. How old are you? I never thought you were in your 80s?

You're perhaps misinformed as to the status of the KKK. I referenced an event occurring in TX about 20 years ago. A ranking member of the KKK (claiming Grand Dragon) lived down the old dirt road from my family. You may say the KKK unincorporated, but they are not fully disbanded.

More to the point: the MB brotherhood and its offshoots will, in my opinion, prove more durable than the KKK.

TH, or maybe we should just call the MB 'patriots' fighting against the oppressive regimes of Mubarak and now the SCAF? Hmmmm?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're perhaps misinformed as to the status of the KKK. I referenced an event occurring in TX about 20 years ago. A ranking member of the KKK (claiming Grand Dragon) lived down the old dirt road from my family. You may say the KKK unincorporated, but they are not fully disbanded.

More to the point: the MB brotherhood and its offshoots will, in my opinion, prove more durable than the KKK.

TH, or maybe we should just call the MB 'patriots' fighting against the oppressive regimes of Mubarak and now the SCAF? Hmmmm?

We just call them what they really are, terrorists...

Their history speaks for itself including their admiration of Hitler and their SS ties to Nazi Germany, as well as their continued support of terrorism today....

Muslim Brotherhood & Hitler

Muslim Brotherhood was founded in Egypt in 1928 by a 22-year old Muslim named Hassan al-Banna, who admired Adolf Hitler's hatred of the Jews and persistently wrote to Hitler to express his admiration for Hitler, as well as his desire for collaboration with Hitler's Nazi Party.

When Hitler rose to power, his Nazis supported al-Banna, a school teacher, to grow the Muslim Brotherhood into its ally in the Middle East; by 1938, the membership of Muslim Brotherhood topped 200,000.

During World War II, members of the Muslim Brotherhood spied for Hitler's Nazis in the Middle East and fought for Hitler as Nazi troops in two specially formed Muslim Waffen-SS Handschar Divisions ('Handschar' is German for scimitar, the curved saber used by the Muslim troops of the Ottoman empire).

Above is Hitler with Haj Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem and a close ally of al-Banna, in Berlin, where he lived as Hitler's VIP guest from 1941 to 1945, before joining al-Banna in Egypt in 1946. The Muslim Nazi troops of the Waffen-SS Handschar Divisions are being reviewed by Haj Amin al-Husseini (right) and by the SS Reichsfuhrer Heinrich Himmler (below).

Due to the large number of Muslim volunteers, the Handschar Divisions were the largest of Hitler's 38 Waffen-SS divisions.

After World War II, the Muslim Brotherhood continued to grow, supported this time by the West, which saw it as a counterweight to the threat of Soviet-backed communism in the Middle East. By the late 1940s, Muslim Brotherhood numbered 500,000 members.

While some of them built schools and medical clinics, other continued to engage in violence, including bombings, arsons and murders. In 1948, members of the Muslim Brotherhood assassinated the Egyptian Prime Minister Mahmoud Fahmi al-Nuqrashi and participated in the invasion of the newly re-created nation of Israel.

The Muslim Brotherhood's violent conflict with the Egyptian government, which also included the government's assassination of al-Hanna and two failed Muslim Brotherhood assassination attempts on the Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser, eventually led to many of its leaders being jailed while others fled and established branches abroad, mostly in the other Middle Eastern Arab nations but also in Europe, UK and USA.

Concluding that it did not yet have the muscle to spread Islam by force, Muslim Brotherhood 'officially' renounced violence in the 1970s, and switched to more cunning strategies detailed in its secret internal manifesto: "The Project".

In 1979, Western powers supported the Muslim Brotherhood to form the Mujahedeen army and fight the Soviet army in Afghanistan.

In 1987, Muslim Brotherhood in Israel created Hamas, whose members still use the Nazi salute (above) and read Hitler's Mein Kampf, which the Muslim Brotherhood titled, My Jihad, and translated into Arabic in the 1930s (Mein Kampf remains the #6 best-seller today in the Muslim world and a favorite among the members of Muslim Brotherhood).

In 1989, the Muslim Brotherhood's Mujahedeen army pushed the Soviet army out of Afghanistan and then split. One of the factions became Al Qaeda, led by a Muslim Brotherhood-schooled Saudi named Osama bin Laden.

http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/hitler-muslim-brotherhood.html

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hardly call them radical, at the time they were fighting against the Soviets and their puppet communist government durring the Soviet-Afghan War... Remember the Soviets also invaded Afganistan to support the communist government. The Soviet Union intervened in support of the Afghan communist government in its conflict with anticommunist Muslim guerrillas during the Afghan War.

It was a Democract President that started funding the Mujahideen...........

Diplomacy is a practical exercise, not an ideological one.

We will ally ourselves with whomever it serves our interest to do so at the time.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alex,
I'll take "Power and world domination" for the win!

Wouldn't be the first to try. Also, their goals are not short sighted by any means.
They will rage for decades, centuries...... You have seen the Islamic creed or read the koran?

"Power and world domination" for who exactly? The Muslims?

Please supply evidence that Obama is aiding and abetting the Muslim Brotherhood, or anyone else in the Muslim world.

Here's as concise a statement as I can find that explains what is going on in Egypt:

from the well known leftist :laughing7: website, http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/egyptian-coup-uncovers-anti-obama-sentiment/

The U.S. and Egypt long had been on friendly terms under former President Hosni Mubarak. However, as part of the Arab Spring movement that claimed it was in pursuit of freedom but actually installed radical Muslim elements in power in several nations, he was ousted at Obama’s encouragement.

Muhammad Morsi, with all his links to the radical Muslim Brotherhood, was installed as the new president a year ago.

But now the U.S. has taken a hands-off attitude, and Morsi apparently was challenged by his own military.

That's why we give aid to the Egyptian military. Cheap at 10 times the price, which is NOT paid in US lives.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Egyptians think of Obama after the Morsi disaster

By Michael Youssef
Published July 09, 2013

Editor’s note: Author Michael Amerhom Youssef was born in Egypt in 1948. He studied at Moore Theological College in Sydney, Australia and was later ordained there as a minister. His ancestors, like all Christian ancestors, belonged to the Coptic orthodox church. He is a third generation protestant. Youssef moved to the United States with his wife in 1977.* In 1978, he received a master’s degree in theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in California. In 1984, he became a United States citizen. Youssef founded The Church of the Apostles in Atlanta in 1987 and currently leads a congregation of over 3,000.

In 2011, President Obama quickly called on President Mubarak to acquiesce to demonstrators’ demands and leave office.

With Mubarak out of the way, Obama proceeded to support the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood, who succeeded in stealing the revolution.

Obama’s support extended to an ex-con named Mohammad Morsi. When Morsi ran for the presidency, the president continued to support him, even when it was clear that the close election was rigged by dubious tactics.

With his wishy-washy message about those who are democratically elected, Obama confirmed in Egyptian minds that he is in the pocket of the Muslim Brotherhood.
With Obama’s full-fledged support of Morsi, you would think that Egyptians would be in love with him. But the deeply troubled Egyptian public is in no way enamored with this White House.

Quite the contrary. Here’s why: More than 40 percent of Egyptian citizens currently must survive on about $2 per day. Lines to purchase gasoline stretch on for hours. The lines for a tank of propane—needed for cooking and other necessities of life—extend for up to nine hours. Electricity is cut off from 2-3 hours per night.

When the Egyptian masses finally couldn’t take it anymore, 22 million people signed a petition to recall Morsi’s election—more than twice the number of people than originally voted for him.

Then something totally unprecedented happened: 30 million people took to the streets. The largest mass demonstration in human history.

The Egyptian Army had tried on many previous occasions to mediate between President Morsi and the opposition. But Morsi autocratically and arrogantly refused to talk to anyone other than his masters in the Muslim Brotherhood headquarters.

In order to avoid the stigma of a coup, the military leaders met with a cross-section of the Egyptian population and religious leaders, including Islamists. As a result, they produced a wise plan calling for an election and appointing the chief justice of the Supreme Court as the interim president.

But here is the irony: while millions of Egyptians responded to Morsi’s ouster by joyfully dancing in the streets, the Muslim Brotherhood advisers in the White House helped Obama produce a non-descript statement. With his wishy-washy message about those who are democratically elected, Obama confirmed in Egyptian minds that he is in the pocket of the Muslim Brotherhood.

It is downright depressing to see the leader of the free world unable to comprehend the Islamic understanding of democracy. To the Islamist, democracy means “one man, one vote, one time.” Once they have their power, there’s no reason to ever have another election.

Thank God for the wise and courageous Egyptian people who comprehended that plan and stopped it before it was too late.

And thank God for the persecuted Christians in Egypt who have cried out to God* while withstanding injustice during the reign of the Muslim Brotherhood.*

As a committed Christian, I believe God has heard their cries, even when our president has covered his ears. They have set an example for every harassed believer in the world, including in America, to pray and hope that God will hear our prayers.

Dr. Michael Youssef is founder and president of Leading the Way Ministries and founding pastor, Church of the Apostles in Atlanta, Georgia. Born in Egypt in 1948, Michael Amerhom Youssef studied at Moore Theological College in Sydney, Australia and was ordained as a minister there. He moved to America with his wife, Elizabeth, in 1977 and in 1978, received a master’s degree in theology at Fuller Theological Seminary in California. He later earned a doctorate in social anthropology from Emory University in Atlanta.*He is the author of 29 books, including most recently "http://www.amazon.com/Blindsided-Conquest-Michael-Youssef-Ph-D/dp/098481082X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1373387513&sr=1-1&keywords=youssef" (Kobri 2012). * * *

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/09/what-egyptians-think-obama-after-morsi-disaster/

Last edited:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But here is the irony: while millions of Egyptians responded to Morsi’s ouster by joyfully dancing in the streets, the Muslim Brotherhood advisers in the White House helped Obama produce a non-descript statement. With his wishy-washy message about those who are democratically elected, Obama confirmed in Egyptian minds that he is in the pocket of the Muslim Brotherhood.

If that's true, the Egyptian military would not have taken out Morsi, the Muslim Brotherhood President.

Obama does give the Egyptian military $1.2 billion a year.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that's true, the Egyptian military would not have taken out Morsi, the Muslim Brotherhood President.

Obama does give the Egyptian military $1.2 billion a year.

No, it is because the military and their supreme court and leaders refused then and are refusing now to bow down to obama's support on the Muslim Brotherhood.

When you get 30 Million people in the street protesting against Morsi it speaks volumes on who they support....

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, it is because the military and their supreme court and leaders refused then and are refusing now to bow down to obama's support on the Muslim Brotherhood.

When you get 30 Million people in the street protesting against Morsi it speaks volumes on who they support....

There were not 30 million people in the streets.

And there's still no proof of this Obama-MB conspiracy so many simple minds are keen to grasp on to. It's the same simplistic, anti-American (generally xenophobic) propaganda that has worked on so many Egyptians that's now being used by the US political Right. Neither group seems to know how to fact check.

Here's one to stir the pot: Does Obama Support the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt? | TIME.com

And another about the "quality" of Egyptian journalism (which so many easily lean on): http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2013/08/egypts-media-counter-revolution.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time magazine... LOL They are a one of the media fawning all over him. Remember they made him Man of the year for 2012....

Egyptians take to the streets changing history

By Anasrat *|* Posted July 27, 2013 *

On the 26th of July Egypt came to as standstill. Thirty million Egyptians went to the streets fasting during the holy month of Ramadan. Hand in hand with their Christian brothers and sisters, t hey all went to the streets to peacfully protest and confirm that the whole nation is behind the military taking appropriate actions against terrorism.

For the first time in Egyptian history an Egyptian leader, Egypt's current Defense Minister Abd el Fattah el Sisi requested of the nation to take to the streets in support of the army taking necessary action to rid the nation of terrorists and possible terrorism. Egypt has been undergoing serous terroristic actions across the nation especially in Sinai, where it is believed that there are thousands of terrorist organizations hiding there. Ever since the imprisonmnet of former president Mohamed Morsi who is currently under trial for espoinage and for causing blood shed; never has a president split the Egyptian nation as Morsy did; by not listening to the will of the people and for totally not doing whats best for the country and totally isolating all other opponents. Egyptians went to the streets to depose of Morsi and the Egyptian army supported the will of the people. That's why the people could never refuse what the military would say, all Egyptians want to put an end to all this fundamentalist religous parties, all this violence threatening the nation from so many parties that refuse to be in the political process unless Morsi is released.

Egyptians have grown sick and tired of all the threats from these extremist organizations and terrorist groups. Egypt does not want to live in the past and has move forward. This great nation can never be tied by threats of religous extremism and political parties trying to split the nation.

On the 26th of July families, kids, couples and elderly were in the streets. Christians fasted that day as a gesture of support to the Muslims. Hand in hand the nations went to all major Egyptian squares in the blazing hot Egyptian August sun. When "Eftar" or breakfast came at sunset, mosques echoed the prayer for people to break their fast. While Churches rang their bells in a gesture for Christians who fasted to break their fast. All Egyptian channels and they are well over one hundred, the majority of them choose to show live videos of the second wave of support for the military and the will of the people against the Muslim Brother Hood and terrorism. All channels sent correspondents and all Egyptian streets were packed, the Egyptian Military estimates as well as satellite pictures estimate over thirty million people went to the streets in support of the most loved national figure since Gamal Abd el Nasser. Abd el Fatah el Sissi, the implementor of the will of the people.

As Egypt decidedly gives the Army permission to take all appropriate action to return Egypt to a once stable and tourtist friendly naiton. Egypt will witness a series of turbulent months, as the country's proud military and police take all appropriate measures and actions to rid the nation of an influx of terrorist cells and encanmpents in Sinai and in other locations across Egypt. It will be a long and bloody war to rid the nation from years of neglect in Sinai and a yet to be revealed plot against the Muslim Brother Hood organization to give Sinai to the Palestinians over time, and in the process harboring violent and extremist organizations whom harbor on Egyptian soil.

Egypt has also witnessed constant clashes from pro-Morsi supporters across many parts of Cairo and other cities. Egyptians have come to view the supporters as bloody and demonstrators who want to create chaos across Egypt and have the west intervene. In answer to all this an entire nation went to the streets in the biggest protest to be recorded in history.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1012155

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Claiming 30 million went to the streets immediately red flags this author as a propagandist.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Claiming 30 million went to the streets immediately red flags this author as a propagandist.

So I gues that means all of these are propagandists too...

Daily Kos: Thirty-Three MILLION People. Egypt Rises WITH UPDATES. Morsi Has 48 Hours

http://anewscafe.com/2013/07/05/an-american-in-cairo-please-keep-egypt-in-your-prayers/

Americans Stand with Israel: Egypt Burning: 30 Million in the Streets (Photos)

Hoping Against Hope for Equality in Egypt | FrontPage Magazine

20 million, 30 million, what does it matter, fact is they turned in the 10's of millions of egyptians to protest the Muslim Brotherhood regime.... They turned out a petition of over 22 million signatures calling for the end of Muslim Brotherhood rule, that is more signatures than votes Morsi got in the election. Majority of Egypt has clearly spoken they want nothing to do with the Muslim Brotherhood rule....

Last edited:

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Daily Kos: Thirty-Three MILLION People. Egypt Rises WITH UPDATES. Morsi Has 48 Hours

Postcards from Egypt: ?30 million people filling the streets like a river? | anewscafe.com

20 million, 30 million, what does it matter, fact is they turned in the 10's of millions of egyptians to protest the Muslim Brotherhood regime.... They turned out a petition of over 22 million signatures calling for the end of Muslim Brotherhood rule, that is more signatures than votes Morsi got in the election. Majority of Egypt has clearly spoken they want nothing to do with the Muslim Brotherhood rule....

Do you have any idea what it would look like to have 37% of Egypt's 80 million people on the street? It's clearly an exaggeration. To claim that 30 million supported the ouster of Mursi, mostly from their homes, would not at all be an exaggeration. To use the euphemism "took to the streets" would be clearly propagandist. And yes, it is propaganda.

To add to the flavor of this interaction, my friend (a Middle East expert who is well-positioned in the Cairo Embassy) wrote me this:

"In an interesting development (albeit with roots that preceded the July 3 overthrow of the Morsy government), the Al-Nour Party (the major Salafist political party) has issued a statement blaming the root cause of recent violence on the Muslim Brotherhood (MB), and calling on the MB to cease its street protests as being a counterproductive incitement to violent conrontations. Dr Ahmad Khalil, Al-Nur Party's Deputy Chairman, criticized the MB for its "attacks" on Al-Nour's efforts to mediate between the military and the MB. Dr. Khalil warned the MB against pursuing violent retribution for the conflict because "the blood of the youth is more precious than any organization, group, or political position." (Al-Watan, August 20) Independent daily Al-Yawm al-Sabi quoted Al-Da'wah al-Salafiyyah member Zayn al-Abidin Kamil as saying, "The MB should send its supporters a message to stop demonstrations in order to preserve all that remains of the Islamist mission's credibility. Dialogue is the only solution... demonstrations will lead nowhere." (August 19) Official spokesman Nadir Bakkar said in an interview on widely viewed, privately owned Al-Nahar TV that Yasser Al-Burhami, the most influential leader in the Salafi Call (Al-Da‘wa al-Salafiyya), a Nour Party sponsor, had attempted to mediate between the government and the MB. Bakkar said that the talks had broken down because of the MB's refusal to compromise. (Al-Yawm al-Sabi, August 20)"

(Please note how he uses sources when he writes. It's a dying trend, it seems.)

If you don't know who the Salafists are, you'd be interested to look them up. They have consistently been pro-democracy in Egypt.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Postcards from Egypt: ?30 million people filling the streets like a river? | anewscafe.com

In a word - yes.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood, and the Egyptian military were "persecuting" them, Obama wouldn't give the Egyptian military any money.

Therefore, Obama isn't supporting the Muslim Brotherhood.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Obama supported the Muslim Brotherhood, and the Egyptian military were "persecuting" them, Obama wouldn't give the Egyptian military any money.

LOL.... Yeah, right....

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh, Ockham's Razor used against logic! Cool!! New slant there!

Although.. the administration being devoid of truth wouldn't let you know anyway.

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, Ockham's Razor used against logic! Cool!! New slant there!

Although.. the administration being devoid of truth wouldn't let you know anyway.

There is no proof that Obama is supporting the MB, therefore he must be doing it surreptitiously. Right? Right?

(No ... not right.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread