Eight rings and two pendants in twelve foot stretch of beach!!

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Hi everyone, Two days ago my dad and I decided it was time for our first spring hunt.I live in maine and most everything is still frozen so the beach is the place for a tune up.We drove about 50 min. to the coast and had a good time,not a really great yield of coins but fun all the same as we've both been chomping at the bit for a few months now.My dad got a few clad coins and a couple mem. pennies. I got two mems. four wheats a clad dime a musket ball and the best find of the day a 1927 merc! My first time out and I snagged a nice piece of silver and drew first blood, the one up on my buds.
Today we decided we should go back to the same area as the other day and do a different stretch of beach.We got there and my first hit on the beach was a wheat penny,thats always a good sign although it was barely identifiable.A few minutes later my dad shouts silver! It was an 1898 barber dime,well worn but still a barber ;D!I was going around to the other side of the cove picking up a newer coin here and there and my dad shouts silver again! A 1953 rosie this one was in better shape but alot newer.I said you son of gun now you got the one up on me,but I was really smiling inside cause it tickles me to know he's so happy.
The tide was coming in now and we were working our way back toward the car getting ready to leave when my dad said "see that little stretch of beach over there,didn't we always cut across and go right by it?" I agreed and we decide we should try it as it was only a small section.My dad got ahead of me a little and stayed down closer to the water as I went up the center and within a few swings I got a good hit I dug it up,I yelled silver ring! I walked over and showed it to him.I walked back,rechecked the hole and around it and about a foot and a half away got another hit it was another ring again I yelled.This kept happening and in total I picked up eight rings and two pendants,all were silver and some had gold plated stars.
We headed back to the car puzzling our puzzlers as to the reason behind this and could only come up with some sort of witchcraft.I told my dad if we make it home from here with no major incidents then I'll have to assume that they're not cursed and he just gave me a funny look out of the corner of his eye.
So,any Ideas? They all have pentagrams on them and they were all (except the pendants) in a straight line at around a forty five deg. angle across the beach and within a foot and a half from each other.The two pendants were about a foot to the right of the rest and the highest up on the beach.All were in about five inches.I did set a new personal record for rings in one day and it's also a record with my buds so I'm happy!
Well, I hope you've enjoyed my short novel and any info you have would be appreciated!! Thanks Bootstrap

Attachments

• MVC-541S.JPG
    MVC-541S.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,680
  • MVC-539S.JPG
    MVC-539S.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,679
  • MVC-540S.JPG
    MVC-540S.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 1,678
  • MVC-542S.JPG
    MVC-542S.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 1,673
  • MVC-543S.JPG
    MVC-543S.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,660
  • MVC-544S.JPG
    MVC-544S.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,664
  • MVC-545S.JPG
    MVC-545S.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,646
  • MVC-546S.JPG
    MVC-546S.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,646
Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
With all those rings on a beach towel I wonder how they kept track of which ring belonged to which witch?

Oh well, not to worry, it’s all superstition and things that go "bump in the night." I stopped looking under my bed by age 16.

Also, not all witches are bad. After all, there's that Goodwitch tire company ya know.

Badger

Ted Mac

Sep 11, 2006
Sylvania, OH
Detector(s) used
Compass/Coinscanner Pro, Teknetics Mk 1
Looks like Motley Crue had a beach party sometime in the past. Cool Finds!

Congrats

Ted

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
:o WOWIE ZOWIE :o What an incredibly unique finds you got going on there!

Being a bit silly silly superstitious :-[ I would have probably done a few "Hail Mary's" then did a few jump clicks of the heels as doing a giddy giggle ;D

Again great great unique finds . . love that you & your Dad did this together! ;D

Bogart :D

Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.
If I were you I whould take them to the beach and put them back where you found them. Sounds like you may open up doors to some bad kharma. Wishing you GOOD LUCK! Only Kiddin, nice finds, Rooster

Jeff G

Nov 5, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II
I have friends that are Pagans..

Those are Pagan pentagrams, not satanist pentagrams. Satanist use the inverted pentagram, pointing down. The Pegans are all about light and truth, their pentagrams point upward, as the pendants you found do.

Paganism is the fastest growing religion in the US.

I imagine the items were left after the celebraton of Litha, the summer solstice, one of its eight high holy days. you said you found 8 rings. I would imagine each was buried on one of the 8 high holy days. The other items were either placed in celebration or simply lost during the festivities.

OP
OP
bootstrap vinn

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Thanks for all the interest people! This has got to be the strangest find I've ever made.I'm not a superstitious person but I think anyone making a dig like this would have thought in the back of they're mind about some sort of superstitious thing especially when your not all that familiar with such things but I figured it had to have been some kind of ritual.I like the Motley Cure beach party idea myself but Jeff's idea seems quite possible.I thought about throwing them back next time I go down but I don't usually practice catch and release when I'm metal detecting.Hey MP you pay the shipping and I'll send you my treasure chest,don't worry about all the lead ingots I've melted down and lined it with,they don't weigh much! Thanks everyone and keep on swinging' that bling thing! Bootstrap

Attachments

• MVC-548S.JPG
    MVC-548S.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 999

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It depends on how you wear them. If you look at how they are on his hand, than two of the rings are satanist pentagrams. If you want to be a pagan where it upright, if you wanted to worship the devil just turn them around and VOILA, they are inverted pentagrams. 8)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
.....it's a love story!!!!!!!
Goth kid meets Gidget...........
proposes on the beach.........
.......she says,,,,,,,yes..........IF you lose all that Goth crap.......
...happily ever after........
til?

HH

shadow0966

Sep 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX300,Tesoro Tejon
Man that is some creepy stuff but maybe if they were buried so close together there might be a pattern to think of like maybe a larger pentagram made up of those rings ?

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Were just having fun with this! Keeping it light and still coming up with ideas about why they ended up there. Nothing to serious, no paranoia or anything. This has been a great post with a very unique group of finds, and a good variety of discussions, spooky or otherwise.

....................HH

ANGELaLEIGH

Jan 30, 2007
TeXaS
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212x
Wow! SILVER! cool! I know it's "worth" a lot to you because it provided you with a lot of enjoyment! I think it's great what you found! AND I think it's great that you posted it! I also think it's always fun for everyone else to contribute what they know and have a GOOD time! It's always Nice when someone does some research or happens to know more information out about your finds. This is a forum and it is a hobby and we enjoy it because it is FUN and EXCITING! (oh, and I bet someone might be missing those....OR wishing they didn't miss them with their MD) LOL

Anyway! I'm sure my grammar isn't the best....but, I know you understand perfectly the point I was making!

Happy Hunting!!!
Angela
P.S. I made it through the spell check with no problems!! ;D

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
history lesson?

The pentagram is a five pointed star commonly associated with Wicca, Ritual magick, Satanism, and Masonry. The Pentagram has a long and complex history as a religious symbol. Found scrawled in caves of ancient Babylonia, the five pointed star was copied from the star shaped pattern formed by the travels of the planet Venus in the sky. The emblem remained popular through many cultures and time periods- it was called the pentalpha by the Greeks, who believed it had magical properties. For a time, it was the official seal of the city of Jerusalem In later times, it was used by medieval Christians to symbolize the five wounds of Christ, and figured in the heavily symbolic Arthurian romances. It also represents the proportions of the human body. The pentagram was commonly used (ironically) against witches and demons. (like other protective knots, it was considered effective only if drawn perfectly)

It was not until the twentieth century that the pentagram became associated with Satanism, probably due to misinterpretation of symbols used by ceremonial magicians.

So many interpertations, and ways to look at the symbol even the people involved has beliefs that very from one extreme to the next. So who's to know what unless you were there when the rings were lost, left, stolen or other. We just are having fun and stating opinions.
Why someone would want to post comments like scots of gaelic is beyond me. Talk about your stick in the mud, I would think you would have more class then to lash out at fellow treasure hunters. We are here to support one another not bash them. Just my 2 cents.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWSOME FINDS !

Look around.

There are probably more there.

CONGRATS !

Jeff

ANGELaLEIGH

Jan 30, 2007
TeXaS
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212x
txkickergirl said:
history lesson?

The pentagram is a five pointed star commonly associated with Wicca, Ritual magick, Satanism, and Masonry. The Pentagram has a long and complex history as a religious symbol. Found scrawled in caves of ancient Babylonia, the five pointed star was copied from the star shaped pattern formed by the travels of the planet Venus in the sky. The emblem remained popular through many cultures and time periods- it was called the pentalpha by the Greeks, who believed it had magical properties. For a time, it was the official seal of the city of Jerusalem In later times, it was used by medieval Christians to symbolize the five wounds of Christ, and figured in the heavily symbolic Arthurian romances. It also represents the proportions of the human body. The pentagram was commonly used (ironically) against witches and demons. (like other protective knots, it was considered effective only if drawn perfectly)

It was not until the twentieth century that the pentagram became associated with Satanism, probably due to misinterpretation of symbols used by ceremonial magicians.

So many interpertations, and ways to look at the symbol even the people involved has beliefs that very from one extreme to the next. So who's to know what unless you were there when the rings were lost, left, stolen or other. We just are having fun and stating opinions.
Why someone would want to post comments like scots of gaelic is beyond me. Talk about your stick in the mud, I would think you would have more class then to lash out at fellow treasure hunters. We are here to support one another not bash them. Just my 2 cents.

I like your "2 cents" right on!

Maryland Searcher

Mar 4, 2007
Maryland, Pennsylvania line
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (New model)
I asked a friend of mine that used to date someone into the wican (sp) books but didnt practice. Go back next time and search for rings in the same area. If they were placed in a ritual of some sort, they would place one on each point of the pentagram and an object at each of the intersecting points for a total of ten.

Just watch over your shoulder for the Boogey Man!!! ;)

mikesand

Feb 5, 2007
SE bucks Co. PA
Detector(s) used
BH Lonestar/ BH Pinpointer
Teknetics Liberator
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to fear!!!

a five-pointed star facing up, not pointing down is a pentacle!

it is not evil, but good!

it seems a group of people were worshipping on the beach. they were probably apologizing for the ignorance of the rest of us!

great finds!

HH
mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread