eldorado help

iaddrummer

Aug 12, 2015
robinson illinois
Detector(s) used
bh 202 and just bought an original tesoro eldorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bought this unit and this is my first and to be honest is there a way to calibrate it or what ever and also im trying to figure out how to set the discrimination on it and not having a lot of luck. also noticed today the ground balance knob just spins so im guessing im going to have to send it off to get it fixed. any and all help is appreciated im new to this and trying to set my discrimination so i am not just picking up trash all over

thanks

derrick

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are hunting a trashy area use a zinc penny and set disc to barely hit the zincoln.

if not so trashy...I like to use an old buffalo nickel and set disc to just barely accept the nickel.

On your gb knob...it will spin with no end. Probably not broken
But it will be easier for you to watch a few youtube videos on ground balancing than it will be for me to explain it. A picture is worth a thousand words.....good luck.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Read and re-read the manual on the GB knob and ground balancing. If you don't have a manual, you can read or download it from the Tesoro website.
BB

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never owned the older metal box Eldorado, but I believe that the 10 turn ground balance knob (pot) has no stopping point like the 3.5 turn ground balance knob (pot) on the Vaquero. After tuning it 10 turns clockwise to get the maximum positive ground response it starts all over again at the least negative ground response. Around and around it goes.

I couldn't find a video showing how to ground balance your detector, but I found a good one showing how to ground balance a Vaquero that may help you.

tabman

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Eldorado works just like all the other great Tesoro detectors. Cut the sensitivy way back while learning to tune it. On that ground balance ....cut the power back to 50% and learn how to ground balance so the tone is the same in the air as it is a inch or so above the ground.. watch all the videos on ground balance a detector on youtube . Your ground balance knob is working fine. An Eldorado is an awesome machine for the money

OP
OP
I

iaddrummer

Aug 12, 2015
robinson illinois
Detector(s) used
bh 202 and just bought an original tesoro eldorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the input guys going to try and get out and play with it some more this weekend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread