Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Bill;

If the power supply that you are using is rated for less than the current which your setup is drawing, it will heat up the power supply and possibly melt some components. Sometimes the power supply can catch on fire.

If you find out the usual current for the setup you are using, then use a power supply which is rated for at least 50% more than that, it should be OK. A rating of twice the required current would be better--- it would run cooler, thus prolonging the life of the power supply.

For the same setup, the higher you raise the voltage, the more current it will draw, until the maximum for your power supply size is reached, then it can't put out any greater current, and also it will overheat.

eethr

OP
OP
FloridaBill

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks EE, I built a third one and it has been OK. I think I may have had to target and the spoon too close together in a glass and they might have touched one another. So I went to a bigger container and its been OK.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I always add lemon juice to the water as well. Make sure when you plug it in, the object to be cleaned starts fizzing, not the second metal(I use a spoon). And having them not touch is good too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread