pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife knows how I'm always on the lookout for things on the ground and usually she is ok with my insanity.. But we went out for a day of shopping and dinner with another couple yesterday and I think she lost her patients with me.. When she takes me places like malls and stores I always spend most of my time looking for things on the ground change, jewlery whatever people drop.. Well after a day of picking up change while shopping and trying to be discreet about it we went to dinner.. At dinner I noticed the table next to us had a bunch of change lying under it.. I could feel the wifes stare on me so I figured I had better just behave myself.. Well she went to the bathroom after we paid our tab and curiosity got the best of me.. You never know there could have been a silver coin under there.. So I went in about the time I did I noticed my wife standing next to the table her 28 yr old husband was under.. Just my luck a line at the bathroom.. So I got up and I could already tell I was in trouble. Her friend from work and her boyfriend asked what I was doing.. She told them I was nuts. I don't think I am but I do know this you get alot of wierd looks when you walk around picking up loose change and I just don't get it. But anyway I just wanted to share that hope you enjoy.. Also let me know if anybody elses spouses think they are crazy..

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
I don't think you are pong12211. Put all your "findings" in a jar, mark it "diamond ring savings for wife" and place it on the kitchen table for your wife to see!
killingme.gif

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My uncle has a whole baggy full of jewelry from looking at the ground in parking lots. I've found a dime from Singapore on the ground, $9.50 in quarters outside my gym... you never know what you might find.

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
I don't think you are pong12211. Put all your "findings" in a jar, mark it "diamond ring savings for wife" and place it on the kitchen table for your wife to see!
killingme.gif

Excellent idea vpnavy- I'm gonna do just that. And yes pong12211 I must be crazy- that's what the BH tells our friends, shoot, she says that to strangers in the mall when I pick up anything. If it is a coin I try to be discreet but If I am walking behind someone and they throw their trash down I usually call out to them something like-
" hey you - did you drop this or did you mean to throw it away" as I lean over and pick it up and put it in the trash bin that just so happens to be within arms reach. Mostly these are young kids and teenagers- they just don't have any respect.

HH yelnif

Last edited:

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell her 90% or more of men are looking at women and usually eyes at about shoulder height.:laughing7:
At least your looking down where the real treasures are. And...your not nuts they are....:laughing7:

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
uh * change under the table is usually considered the waitress's "tip"cash that fell off the table or the floor cleaners "found money" --yes you were being a bit much doing it with other "folks" around , and the wife most likely wanted to bop you one. for seeming so "cheap" in front of her "friends".

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep telling people its not an illness, its an addiction.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife knows how I'm always on the lookout for things on the ground and usually she is ok with my insanity.. But we went out for a day of shopping and dinner with another couple yesterday and I think she lost her patients with me.. When she takes me places like malls and stores I always spend most of my time looking for things on the ground change, jewlery whatever people drop.. Well after a day of picking up change while shopping and trying to be discreet about it we went to dinner.. At dinner I noticed the table next to us had a bunch of change lying under it.. I could feel the wifes stare on me so I figured I had better just behave myself.. Well she went to the bathroom after we paid our tab and curiosity got the best of me.. You never know there could have been a silver coin under there.. So I went in about the time I did I noticed my wife standing next to the table her 28 yr old husband was under.. Just my luck a line at the bathroom.. So I got up and I could already tell I was in trouble. Her friend from work and her boyfriend asked what I was doing.. She told them I was nuts. I don't think I am but I do know this you get alot of wierd looks when you walk around picking up loose change and I just don't get it. But anyway I just wanted to share that hope you enjoy.. Also let me know if anybody elses spouses think they are crazy..

what do the waitress's wear there ? it may have been Bait placed there by another Patron. "excuse me Miss, did you drop that ?"

anyway other then on restaurant floors, I pick it up too :thumbsup:
(unless it's a $20 or higher, Nobody around here tips a $20.,
so if that ever happens, I'll Drop something loud, then dive in after that)
But cool story :notworthy:

Last edited:

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure everyone will think its fine on this sight and my wife thinks I'm nuts.hopefully we won't eat at the same place our wives would

Probably leave us if we were wrestling for the change

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i also think the change under the table was a little much.
my father used to do the same thing every where we went , he could not walk past a phone or drink machine without sticking his finger in it to see if there was a dime....made me want to crawl under the table and hide.....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
a 90 year old "klypto" mother in law that loaded up on all the "pink" sweet and lows at the table "rat holing" them in her purse * I finally cured her by buying 1000 count boxes every week at the grocery store till she had 10.000 packets in stock and told her you got all you will ever need --and if you need more let me know but no more taking them from the food places --she used to say but their there for us to take --I told her to use while we are here only.

mical66

Jul 17, 2012
Greeneville , TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sad how age does this, my grandmother on my fathers side lost her house after her husbands death and ended up moving from kids to kids and staying a few months then moving on. we loved to see her come and hated to see her go , due to the fact when she came she came bearing gifts for every one but when she left she ended up taking more then she left,,
was so funny to get together with family and see your shirt on your cousin, or your Aunt with your moms purse..lol

a 90 year old "klypto" mother in law that loaded up on all the "pink" sweet and lows at the table "rat holing" them in her purse * I finally cured her by buying 1000 count boxes every week at the grocery store till she had 10.000 packets in stock and told her you got all you will ever need --and if you need more let me know but no more taking them from the food places --she used to say but their there for us to take --I told her to use while we are here only.

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pong, over under misc on TN there is a forum for us "Ground Finds" nuts. Several of us list our finds as a way of keeping count over this year. Maybe you can join us. No photo's are necessary. If you notice our pitiful finds, you'll understand. Hope you join us.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
she lived with us in her own little 3 room mother in law house , built on the rear the rear of the property (never put two adult women under the same roof especially a mother and daughter * its nothing but trouble if you do) --she had lived thru the depression years and it made her a "hoarder" type pack rat of sugar packets and any other items that might be on the table at a restaurant --when she would order a salad she always asked for extra crackers which she would of course "rat hole" and take home -- thank god she didn't try taking the silverware and salt and pepper shakers * it took me a long time of buying 1000 count boxes of table item type things at the store and stockpiling it at her "house" to make her feel 'secure' that she would not run short of food and get her to stop it.

Rogerv

Jan 25, 2013
Beltsville Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garret GTA-1000
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Bounty Hunter (came as BOGO from Kellyco)
AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also notice things on the ground a few years ago I found six wallets on the ground while driving including one diaper-bag purse in Austin TX while at training for Dell. I was able to return all to owners and they were all sup prized that all their money as well as cards were intact. I have also found numerous tools while stuck in traffic. Its good to be observant.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is definitely good to observe and notice what is around us..........if we see something, why not check it out.....

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
while going thru a drive thru at a popular BBQ joint (a rather long line ) on a recent rainy day * I spotted a $10 bill on the ground that dozens of people had to drive right by --if they had been mentally "awake" they would have got it instead of me , to bad for them.--free lotto tickets fer me.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I drive for a living and can't count the times I have found enough change under the vending machines at interstate rest stops and welcome centers to buy a soda and sometimes a candy bar too.:occasion18:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im known for looking on the ground while walking. Last yr I found a $20 and a $10 so a total of $30 tax free for me. My wife and kid both walked rite past the $20 I actually saw it and waited for them to pass it before I said anything so I could have it for myself. I treated them to Ice Cream with it though.

housemom6

Jun 7, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a woman and my eyes are to the ground always. 4 years ago I was working in a night club and found a diamond bracelet in the parking lot. I thought it was fake so I stuffed out in my purse and never even looked at it for 3 days. I finally did and noticed it had a safety clasp..then noticed that the clasp had little diamonds on it. I couldn't find a mark on it so I figured it was a good fake. But it kept annoying me do finally I took it to the jeweler and it was a 3 karat, platinum bracelet worth 7gs. Of coursethat was about the time the economy tanked and I needed money for the mortgage so I sold it for 1000.00. Still kicking myself in the ass for that one. I have a pic somewhere on my ipod of it I'll have too look it up. I had to sell alot off my jewelry then so I'm ready to start finding some new ones to replenish my collection

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread