Embossed medicine and some good old iron artifacts

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a short hunt this evening at my old standby lot concentrated on deep iron signals, giving me an old hammer(hopefully hand forged) and a few large hinges and some sherds of glazed and unglazed porcelain and some earthenware. I go here and purposely dig the iron for it is my passion to rescue the good ones and restore them, this is all historic properties and well documented as to who lived where and when...yadayada. The bottle like many I find here was found by probing the already open deep hole. Below the dug hole was this medicine bottle. It is always a pot shot as to finding them this way but it works. This was the side of the home where the trash was all thrown. A huge trash pit you might say.Doctor Pierce put this "Favorite Prescription" out there for women who suffered nervous irritation due to menstruation each month. It was claimed to have opium and alcohol in it so it was no wonder it worked well to calm the woman of the house down....I wanta bottle for my wif...never mind. Anyways I will post pics of them cleaned up a bit later. Does anyone recognize what the brass strip may have been? It is unadorned, no writing, no numbers but the two ends are beveled. It is exactly twelve inches long...maybe a straight edge, a ruler for measuring feet only? Or just a scrap piece of brass ? Thanks for lookin', vn DSC00032.JPG DSC00042.JPG sglop.JPG bhtu.JPG

Upvote 10

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,back in the sixties long before I started metal detecting,I used to dig out old farm dumps for bottles. I have a slew of many old types of glass jars and bottles.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NEAT NEAT BOTTLE.........................................

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool bottle

46Wheat

Silver Member