Surprise silvers, IHC, wheats, buff, token and etc.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started out at a permission that I had started the weekend before. Had high toned it then, went back through and cleaned it up. Got a couple of wheats, a well worn 1917s Merc and a couple of relics. Besides the Kirsten piece, I really got a kick out of the toy plane wing marked ARMY. The Merc was a very small signal at about 6 inches. Left there and went to a park for a while, pulled a little clad and junk. I'm getting tired of hitting the same places and fighting for a keeper or two, or like Friday, spending several hours at a park and the most interesting thing I get is a beautiful signal that ends up being a spray tan can at 14 inches.

Headed out to a place where and old house set that they had built a new house right behind it. Lady was quick to grant permission and give me a rundown on the layout. Came out and talked to me once and filled in more details. Pulled a few wheats and memorials early, lots of iron and trash to separate. Layout of the house is weird, and the "front" of the house has changed a couple of times. Trip around the back yielded the Lava soap token and the International Harvester badge. Also yielded the Mother pin, which I though was aluminum but when cleaning is marked sterling. Also has a USN marking. Ended up at the "front" I had started at and went over it several times as it got dark. Got the Buff there, 1920, just enough date detail to make it out. Then pulled a silver quarter...hey it's Canadian....uh no, its a 1939 Shilling. Picked up a deep 1890 IHC. Last good target was the little pin, which also is marked sterling and has a couple of small stones.

A very good days hunting, the Shilling was a surprise, and I didn't realize either either of those pieces was sterling till I got home. The Mother pin is very, very thin, which I suspect is why it rang up lower.

DSCF1433.JPG DSCF1434.JPG DSCF1435.JPG DSCF1436.JPG DSCF1437.JPG DSCF1438.JPG DSCF1439.JPG DSCF1440.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 4

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a great variety of finds!, I like that lava soap token, very cool, and the silver, well that's just fine as well lol!!

great hunt!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt, congrats. The Mother pin, Hubley Army airplane wing, horseshoe coin holder, and IH badge are very cool! You know there has to be more there. Sub 8-)

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be happy with a silver Shilling!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt, congrats. The Mother pin, Hubley Army airplane wing, horseshoe coin holder, and IH badge are very cool! You know there has to be more there. Sub 8-)

Oh yeah, I've got permission to stop by again. I want to try it during/right after a rain as the coins were deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread