Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This large 18K emerald and diamond ring was the first target I scooped out of the water yesterday. The ring weighs nearly 3/4 of an ounce and it will be appraised by a jeweler at the weekend. The emerald is approximately 5 carats and the diamonds are high quality. The low tone coming from my CTX 3030 was only eclipsed by the high tone I hit when I saw this chunk of gold and precious stones resting on a bed of shells in the bottom of my scoop basket. What a water hunt to remember, two fantastic 18K rings and a 14K gold dolphin bracelet.

Attachments

• Emerald & diamond ring.jpg
    Emerald & diamond ring.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
Upvote 0

digordie

Aug 18, 2012
Holy cow your finds are amazing. Is it the ctx 3030. Does it filter out all the junk etc. How does it compare to other detectors you have used.

OP
OP
Gary Drayton

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow your finds are amazing. Is it the ctx 3030. Does it filter out all the junk etc. How does it compare to other detectors you have used.
In all honesty I have to say my recent gold jewelry finds were because I was in the right place at the right time although it does help to use a really good metal detector like the CTX 3030. In my opinion the new Minelab CTX 3030 is a great multi tasking beach and water hunting machine. All the options and discrimination features on the CTX 3030 are ideal for someone like me that searches all three areas of the beach on a regular basis, the dry sand, wet sand and shallow water.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wow!!! again!!!!

Gary, good stuff.

Do you believe you would have found this using another machine? Did the CTX really make a difference?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Gold :icon_thumright: Now Let us see the other 2 :icon_thumright: HH Chug Please!!!

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome stone on that thing. Everyone is going on about the 18k, and to be sure thats a great find too, but the emerald is incredible. Emeralds of that clarity and size are quite rare and carat for carat more valuable than diamonds. Please keep us posted on the appraisal. Beautiful find.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic - that is one hellava ring pic101929.gif

OP
OP
Gary Drayton

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! again!!!!

Gary, good stuff.

Do you believe you would have found this using another machine? Did the CTX really make a difference?

Thanks , the ring was a really deep feint low tone and I was water hunting using an 11 inch smart coil with custom headphones. I know my CTX 3030 is deeper than my Excal. The bigger search coil does make a difference and I believe in this instance I may not have picked this chunk up using my Excal. I try to avoid metal detector comparisons, I know many great finds are made with all manner of metal detectors on this site. Everyone has different qualities they look for in a metal detector and in my opinion it is better to try a few different beach hunting machines and go with the one that you feel comfortable using.
Cheers Gary

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
''Boy o Boy'' that sure is a dandy! :thumbsup: Makes me jealous even though I found an emerald ring a little while back.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!! I congratulate on this gold ring so very amazing!!!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive finds Gary..... very well said about detector comparisons. We all know its VERY difficult in the wet sand or in the water to determine depth and you made a good point about the CTX transitioning to various locations without having to switch to a second more effective detector or even come back to hit it with the other detector. But im still to cheap to buy one lol. Your the man Gary.... keep diggin the gold.

Dew

OP
OP
Gary Drayton

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Gold :icon_thumright: Now Let us see the other 2 :icon_thumright: HH Chug Please!!!

Found on the same water hunt, 18K amethyst ladies ring and 14K gold dolphin bracelet.

Attachments

• Amethyst ring.jpg
    Amethyst ring.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 14K bracelet.jpg
    14K bracelet.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 525

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gary, ABSOLUTELY beutiful finds. not to sure what one I like better....lolol..... Couldn't have said it better about the difference in machines... all personal preferance I guess... but I will be one of the first to admit... your Minelab 3030 is treating you rite... exceptional finds with 2 - 18 K rings in a single hunt... Congrats buddy.... all I have left to say is.... WOW !

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy cow, Gary! You have really been on a roll lately. Congratulations on all those amazing finds - I'm drooling a little over both of those rings!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread