END of CRH is Near-er....

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Last might on TV there was an infomercial for a new fancy get rich scheme... The spot exclaimed that Banks will give you SILVER for FREE! You just have to ask 5 little words... Send me money and I'll tell you what those words are!

What a jackwagon. One more knucklehead trying to make sucker money by trashing the game!

PEACE

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why do we have a thread started about this every week?

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen, Its good that were trying to warn our fellow hunters but dang we do need a sticky on this topic lol.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Thanks for the heads-up 1more4me. As far as the rest of you guys (AdDicted2Ag and enamel) - at my age - reminder's are great. The neat thing about this (and any forum) - it is easy to move onto the next interesting thread.

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
What channel, btw a lot of people ignore those adds because they think they are scams

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew they had commercials on the radio, but I didn't know they had infomercials on TV. But even with all this attention that coin roll hunting is getting, my nonfactual guess is that we'll see more silver in boxes. I feel like most of my generation doesn't know that silver coins were ever minted, and they wouldn't know what to do with silver even if they knew they had it. I had a guy at work throw a silver quarter into a pop machine five times before he realized there was something different about the coin in his hand.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that silver's on it's way into the single digits, there will hopefully be a lot less competition. And a lot more collections being dumped. It's gonna be great!

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Last might on TV there was an infomercial for a new fancy get rich scheme... The spot exclaimed that Banks will give you SILVER for FREE! You just have to ask 5 little words... Send me money and I'll tell you what those words are!

What a jackwagon. One more knucklehead trying to make sucker money by trashing the game!

PEACE

I am far from worried.

I think about 5 months ago one of those guys who paid for the 'info' came into one of my pick up banks. The vault manager told me another guy came in and ordered halves, like I do but only one box. He came back later that day to complain about not finding anything and he made mention about wanting to file a lawsuit. She asked me what it is he thinks he would have found and I said, well proof halves and errors but I have not found any in months. She asked if I thought he was looking for silver, I laughed and said, " You know they dont put silver in coins anymore." She asked if I had found any yet and I said nope.

Later that day, after searching my halves, at one of my dump banks they said a guy came in with a brinks box of halves, most of the rolls were opened, some were not, I am suspecting it was that guy as the only 3 banks in my area that use brinks I use and only one will order halves and that is my pick up bank. Needless to say, he has not been in since to pick up halves. One or two skunks and they will be done. 6 skunks in a row and they will be done. 15+ really makes you are breaks you. I did manage to find silver in my 3 boxes from that bank, glad he didnt get one of my boxes. :D

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One or two skunks and they will be done. 6 skunks in a row and they will be done. 15+ really makes you are breaks you. I did manage to find silver in my 3 boxes from that bank, glad he didnt get one of my boxes. :D

Exactly what I was thinking- im up to 20 box skunks and im sure if they are in it for a quick buck no way they last- another reason I want AG to keep falling, it'll weed em out

just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
She asked me what it is he thinks he would have found and I said, well proof halves and errors but I have not found any in months. She asked if I thought he was looking for silver, I laughed and said, " You know they dont put silver in coins anymore." She asked if I had found any yet and I said nope.

I get asked about this occasionally, and I have taken taken to being honest about it. My typical response is that several years ago I would find silver somewhat often, but hardly ever anymore, that if I hadn't started looking for errors, proofs, and coins for my collection I would have given it up long ago. Depending on the bank, I may be more or less specific, but always emphasizing the worst case scenario.

"The truth shall set you free." Just not necessarily the whole truth...

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 5 words (While holding your 9 sideways) gemme all your Silber Now!!!.:laughing7:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep I'm not too worried about those fools. They will be an annoyance while this scam continues to persist. Eventually the scam will stop being profitable or will be facing a class action lawsuit and things will go back to 'normal'

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anything we should take a life lesson from this "5 words" bs. How often have we heard ads for investing in all sorts of things on the radio or on TV, in markets which we know little about. In this case we know all about the 'market,' and the radio ads are the biggest piece of fabrication we have ever heard. This should make everyone realize that all the information on investing we are given from biased sources are obviously BS. This includes reading about silver price forecasts on a precious metals investing website!

OP
OP
1more4me

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Ha-Ha! That's funny right there...
Such an overly repeated kind of post that it offended a half dozen people and even earned a STICKY -yet still gets 20 comments of good ol' fun kinda conversation.... You know, if we sticky the slightly more common--- "Hey I found Silver" and "Hey I got Skunked" type comments we could save a lot of bit space on the server....
Anyway- I posted the Original- becasue it was the first time I had saw it on TV. TV- that was the impressive thing to me- you know a scam has hit the big time when they are willing to pay for a TV spot...

And- btw- I'm not worried about it either- as many posters stated- skunks will thin the newbies eventually. However, the popularity of late has definately had an effect on my finds, my banks, and the cost has increased significantly compared to the price of silver back when it was $4 an ounce and nobody cared. Banks are noticing and they are changing policy. The end is Near! But- then again I been holding the sign since 1990 and we still keep adapting and finding loot.

PEACE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread