Endangered rare element, catch and release only

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In this world we live in now, I could totally see the government saying gold is no longer for public consumption. Do to its rarity and importance to the history of this great nation. You could still prospect as long as you throw it back.

Am I crazy? Cause I also think the new commercial on the radio about discovering the forest. Is a ploy to flood the forest with so many people that it would be to dangerous for public land hunting to continue. Maybe I am crazy?

Upvote 0

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes you are.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
No, you are not crazy. You have a hint of the direction a goodly number in the wacko-environmentalist movement at taking. What you and I think of
"public resources," they think of as "public-controlled resources." And these people believe they should be the "controllers."

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Forest Service has told me in no short of words on several ocassions that if it were up to them,there would be no humans allowed into "Wilderness",areas,no go....only them to patrol it.I dont know what to think any more.One hates to be paranoid but with some of the regulation that has come down the pipe in the last 10 years its hard not to be

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...and this is in the face of the fact that we have the explicit right to dig, pan and sluice in Wilderness Areas!

BrutalBeck

Sep 14, 2012
Wiconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a community of miners and prospectors. We must never back down from the tree huggers who are trying to take our right to explore the wide open spaces and prosper from the available resources within. As long as we remain responsible to the environment and adhere to the reclamation of the lands we explore. There should be no reason for the government or huggers, to stop us from what we enjoy most. Whether it is a career in the mining industry, or simply enjoy prospecting as a hobby.

Eureka!!

OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin you scared me. It really does blow ones mind. I just don't understand why people in public office of any type try and lord it over you. You didn't create anything.
That's the problem You have project managers who think they actually run a company like they started the damn thing. Listen up public servant. You are a citizen to, but your a citizen who is working for me.
How awesome would it be if every time you went into the forest, blm, or dfg, and they told you. Thank you so much for enjoying these great national treasures, and thank you so much for a job. Here are some guidelines and rules. Respect and enjoy this land we both love.

Crazy thought I know. I'm so radical. Lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BrutalBeck said:
As a community of miners and prospectors. We must never back down from the tree huggers who are trying to take our right to explore the wide open spaces and prosper from the available resources within. As long as we remain responsible to the environment and adhere to the reclamation of the lands we explore. There should be no reason for the government or huggers, to stop us from what we enjoy most. Whether it is a career in the mining industry, or simply enjoy prospecting as a hobby.

Eureka!!

Amen! I agree! This is right!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....thing is,us dredgers do care about the enviro just as most miners do,but when they make chit up,like floating mercury....how do you combat that?

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
agenda 21 is where it is all going !!!!!

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....thing is,us dredgers do care about the enviro just as most miners do,but when they make chit up,like floating mercury....how do you combat that?

I see the same thing with leghold traps....they put out propaganda..."animals chew there feet off",c'mon,I have trapped for over 30 years and will tell you THEY DONT,but people beleive it.They can never take something away without lieing,thats what really sucks!Seeing it right now with em trying to Stop Hound Hunting of Bears.....%99 of what they are spewing is bold face lies!

OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kuger said:
I see the same thing with leghold traps....they put out propaganda..."animals chew there feet off",c'mon,I have trapped for over 30 years and will tell you THEY DONT,but people beleive it.They can never take something away without lieing,thats what really sucks!Seeing it right now with em trying to Stop Hound Hunting of Bears.....%99 of what they are spewing is bold face lies!

If they try and ban hound hunting, then we will soon have a major bear problem. Reg hunting cannot make an impact like houndsman can.

As far as dredging Goes, I find it funny that when I'm sniping in the river all I see is fish around me eating the bugs. I swear it's almost as if they are saying thank you.

What dredgers need to do is keep track of fish population studies before and after the moratorium on dredging. then use the finding hopefully to combat the lies.

Better yet we should start a fund. That way we have our own independent studies to combat the lies on top of the lies.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they try and ban hound hunting, then we will soon have a major bear problem. Reg hunting cannot make an impact like houndsman can.

As far as dredging Goes, I find it funny that when I'm sniping in the river all I see is fish around me eating the bugs. I swear it's almost as if they are saying thank you.

What dredgers need to do is keep track of fish population studies before and after the moratorium on dredging. then use the finding hopefully to combat the lies.

Better yet we should start a fund. That way we have our own independent studies to combat the lies on top of the lies.

Charles....ironically since the moratorium,they are now "reporting",record salmon runs....like the very next year!Seems funny to me?
Yes,any dredger will tell you the same thing,the fish litterally mob you,when your down,they have zero fear and its a big smorgasborg!The studies have all been done and they showed in our favor....thats what they dont like.

Yes,you are right about the bears...hounding is the only means other than trapping to selectively hunt...catch and release.They are claiming its cruel to the dogs....its cruel for my dogs not to hunt.They are claiming if a dog is injured we leave em....I spent over $5000 in one season on vet bills and have paid as much as $5000 for one dog....many bring much more.My dogs are my family members and are treated as such

OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been around hound guys who would have probably left me over their dogs. These dogs like a lot of gold dredgers were born to do a certain thing. If they don't get to do those things, then they might as well not exist.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
CharlesP said:
Kevin you scared me. ((sorry dude, just pulling your leg))

How awesome would it be if every time you went into the forest, blm, or dfg, and they told you. Thank you so much for enjoying these great national treasures, and thank you so much for a job. Here are some guidelines and rules. Respect and enjoy this land we both love.

Crazy thought I know. I'm so radical. Lol
I absolutely love this vision!!! I can just hear them now: "welcome sir, we are so glad you are here to enjoy your park...good luck finding some gold today. Oh, and thanks for picking up the trash and removing the toxic lead fishing weights from the river last time you were here, is it ok if we write about your clear concern for and appreciation of the environment in our next newsletter?"

...a guy can dream right?

OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KevinInColorado said:
I absolutely love this vision!!! I can just hear them now: "welcome sir, we are so glad you are here to enjoy your park...good luck finding some gold today. Oh, and thanks for picking up the trash and removing the toxic lead fishing weights from the river last time you were here, is it ok if we write about your clear concern for and appreciation of the environment in our next newsletter?"

...a guy can dream right?

Sounds like sweet music to my ears. I just hit rem sleep. Don't wake me up.

OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mad Machinist said:
You guys must not of heard about the OHV groups suing Tahoe National Forest then. Or the Timber Associations and the cattle people getting together and suing them also. Times are changing.

Here's the link everyone.

Feds sued over halting Tahoe National Forest access for off-road recreationists - Pirate4x4.Com

Okay. This is the crap I was afraid of. I really believe this type of stuff is just the start of the attack. If our love for anything outdoors is going to survive we are going to have to be a band of brothers.

I work in mariposa and these city slicker hippies move in to the forest and the first thing some do is put up large expansive deer fences. Hey ecofreako you just took away valuable land that the deer use to survive on. Think about what your doing and forget about us.

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Endangered Rare Element,Catch and Release Only""
And to think,Here I was expecting a picture of a Busty Blonde Female.....

HH John

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The biggest thing everyone needs to understand is the fact that the sleeping giant is awake. He has sat up and is looking around for who to stomp on first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread