Endangered rare element, catch and release only

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In this world we live in now, I could totally see the government saying gold is no longer for public consumption. Do to its rarity and importance to the history of this great nation. You could still prospect as long as you throw it back.

Am I crazy? Cause I also think the new commercial on the radio about discovering the forest. Is a ploy to flood the forest with so many people that it would be to dangerous for public land hunting to continue. Maybe I am crazy?

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay. This is the crap I was afraid of. I really believe this type of stuff is just the start of the attack. If our love for anything outdoors is going to survive we are going to have to be a band of brothers.

I work in mariposa and these city slicker hippies move in to the forest and the first thing some do is put up large expansive deer fences. Hey ecofreako you just took away valuable land that the deer use to survive on. Think about what your doing and forget about us.

You know that irks me the most.As a kid I could go up any mountain road and it was nothing to see 20+ deer......cant do that now!I spend a great deal of time horseback in the mountains and let me tell you,our deer herd is hurting!Yet,the "city",folk will tell ya,oh,the deer are every where...yea,there are just a few of what there used to be and they are living in your yards so it looks like many!Thats why the deer up the 108 corridor have a disease now....doesnt help that the corrupt money hungry Fish and Game give two deer tags either....this is an atrocity!Doesnt help that they allow vineyards to get depredation permits to kill deer either,yet its the same wine drinking yuppies that want to hug a bunny,and tell me how to live

OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kuger said:
You know that irks me the most.As a kid I could go up any mountain road and it was nothing to see 20+ deer......cant do that now!I spend a great deal of time horseback in the mountains and let me tell you,our deer herd is hurting!Yet,the "city",folk will tell ya,oh,the deer are every where...yea,there are just a few of what there used to be and they are living in your yards so it looks like many!Thats why the deer up the 108 corridor have a disease now....doesnt help that the corrupt money hungry Fish and Game give two deer tags either....this is an atrocity!Doesnt help that they allow vineyards to get depredation permits to kill deer either,yet its the same wine drinking yuppies that want to hug a bunny,and tell me how to live

That's the truth. I can't believe they issue 9000 tags for d7! No wonder the success rate is around 5 percent.

I have a saying i like to say every now and then
"do you know what the difference between animals in a zoo and us are? We have Bigger cages, but there getting smaller everyday.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....yea,they issue that many tags,allow each hunter two tags yet cant tell ya how many deer they have?The low country deer do not migrate,and I have never seen a "deer counter"....down low,or up high...same goes for lions....they have no idea how many there is

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
How can you manage if you have no idea of the population totals????

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can you manage if you have no idea of the population totals????

Thats the Million $$$$ question!!!!
They have been saying the lion pop is at 5000 for the last 20 years!
I was asked to catch a lion for F&G to change out the batts in a collar they had on it.....one of the Biologists proceeded to tell me there was only four lions in that Mt. range and they all were collared(I knew better,but just laughed)So we followed the signal to a drainage and I released two dogs,to work out the canyon,they didnt get half way down when they split,both barking on track.I kicked in another dog to verify(not that I didnt trust em,but the dog I held back was older ....no BS).Well we ended up with two different cats treed...neither had collars!!!Hmmmm

OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When the ecofreakos banned hunting lions in ca, that is when the dfg should have been dissolved and deemed useless. These same people are the ones saying dredging is bad! What do they know?

The only thing they do well is cave to lies and emotional arguments. We need something called the department of common sense solely dedicated to well being of all animals Not the department of popular opinion.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agenda 21 is alive and well! We must fight it with all our might.
Arm yourselves with all the info/ammo you can muster and pass the word to all patriots.
This is no joke. It's real and is currently in effect.
The time for revolution is now! :protest:
If you don't know what agenda 21 is ...then you will not be part of the solution, you're actually part of the problem by lack of information!

Here is a thread I started on the subject a year ago: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/250490-agenda-21-our-rights.html

Yep "Agenda 21" is bad alright, but there is also the "Wildlands Project" that is just as sinister!!! Maybe even more so
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

Between the two of them, prospecting and treasure hunting don't stand a chance!!! especially if we don't get active and pull together as a whole group along with hunters, fishermen, hikers, climbers, boating enthusiasts, campers and other sportsmen and citizens who enjoy using OUR wilderness.

Keep yer head in the sand and kiss the wilderness and prospecting goodbye.
And no, I'm not off my meds. :tongue3:

GG~

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the ecofreakos banned hunting lions in ca, that is when the dfg should have been dissolved and deemed useless. These same people are the ones saying dredging is bad! What do they know?

The only thing they do well is cave to lies and emotional arguments. We need something called the department of common sense solely dedicated to well being of all animals Not the department of popular opinion.

...thus is why they want to change there name to Cal-Wild...further distance themselves and note how much time and MY money they spend on MJ eradication?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
EXACTLY!
The water is colder now and the Rainbow trout are back in the creek, they were gone during the high parts of summer but are back now and are HUNGRY!
I have several rainbows feeding around me when I snipe and hundreds of small fish and the crawdads following up where I was.

We are cleaning the gravel beds like strong floods use to but no longer do thanks to damns and water management programs.
Sniping is very small scale work but we still see the positive effects of it.

Part of the story that they forget is that a silt laden bed will kill eggs, silt covers the eggs keeping oxygen from getting to them.
This is silt that normal floods and waterflow would remove without human water management, letting people dredge recovers these silty creek beds making them new and healthy.

Of course this is not true with ALL waterways, but it is not hard to see the ones where water management is in place.
At the very least, let people dredge those area's and there are more than enough area's like that to keep dredgers happy.
This would be a small step in getting full dredge rights back.

If they try and ban hound hunting, then we will soon have a major bear problem. Reg hunting cannot make an impact like houndsman can.

As far as dredging Goes, I find it funny that when I'm sniping in the river all I see is fish around me eating the bugs. I swear it's almost as if they are saying thank you.

What dredgers need to do is keep track of fish population studies before and after the moratorium on dredging. then use the finding hopefully to combat the lies.

Better yet we should start a fund. That way we have our own independent studies to combat the lies on top of the lies.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAlf the creeks around here are dry.......

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am on open BLM land below whiskeytown lake.
All I can say is that I hike a little bit to get to my spot. ;)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread