Charl

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Americus said:
That is an awesome artifact. Did you find it?

Thanks, Americus. We have found bowls here in RI, but this Ct. example was a purchase.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice bowl. I've only found a half of one at the bottom of a lake when it was lowered. It was sticking out like it was whole. Just my luck.

flintmel

Feb 3, 2012
Ct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Surface hunted that farm, was known for adzes and gouges, was a huge cremation burial site two lots away that was destroyed extracting gravel to build a road bed.

Nice bowl, may have come out of that other lot, heard there was many found while excavating fill.

Snakeman

Jan 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice! only find shards myself I did find an interesting unfinished piece I will have to post...thanks for shareing!

flintmel

Feb 3, 2012
Ct.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Charl, I had befriended Mr. Bennet many years ago, should have seen the boxes of gouges, adzes, celts, etc. he had picked while walking his dog, had a beautiful 1/4 grooved axe and a translucent green flint side knotched spear about 6" long. Not sure where it all went after he passed.

OP
OP
Charl

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
flintmel said:
Charl, I had befriended Mr. Bennet many years ago, should have seen the boxes of gouges, adzes, celts, etc. he had picked while walking his dog, had a beautiful 1/4 grooved axe and a translucent green flint side knotched spear about 6" long. Not sure where it all went after he passed.

Wow. Appreciate the info, Mel. I had a feeling, being from your neck of the woods, that you would have heard of the farm. Cool that you surface hunted there. I've only found a few hardstone pieces in my collecting career. Born about 50 years too late I guess. Wonder what the material was for that side-notch. Must have been awesome to say the least.

OP
OP
Charl

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Snakeman said:
Very nice! only find shards myself I did find an interesting unfinished piece I will have to post...thanks for shareing!

Love to see it Snakeman!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions