EPA head

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott Pruitt , Oklahoma's Attorney General has been picked to head the EPA. Scott has been a fierce critic of this out of control agency and is promising a rollback of regulations. Let's hope so!! Let's hope for a speedy confirmation, so we can get back in the water and get a bunch of gold !!!

Upvote 0

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was there, uploaded again in OP and here

ratled

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just watched an interview on Fox news with a representative of the Sierra Club.He was bemoaning and whimpering about the selection of Scott Pruit to the EPA. He seemed convinced that Pruitt has horns growing out of the back of head. That is a very good endorsement.

OP
OP
R

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The absolute biggest mistake that Nixon ever made. I am sick of the fact that these prima donnas can't even be critisized without first having to defensively say " I'm all for clean air and water,but". This agency is out of control and answers to nobody. Time for it to become exstinct.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
The Gold King Mine foul up is rather eloquent proof of the need for local control. The local experts told them what would happen, but the EPA IGNORED their suggestions. And here we are with the mess that they left. I REALLY love the part about how they claimed no pollution went above pollution limits but if I had did that, the river would have been rendered "unusable" for generations over a pin head sized piece of lead.

Anybody with half of a functional brain, should have been able to foresee what was gong to happen. Like President Elect Trump said, it's time to drain the swamp.

But we have to remember what my dear ol grand-pappy used to say.... "when you're up to your arse in alligators, It's hard to remember that your main objective was to drain the swamp!"

I for one am going to keep an eye on how things develop. I'm hopeful but at the same time I'm sure not going to be holding my breath! We all know that the current way that the EPA has been run shows that saying they've got half a brain would be giving them waaaayyyyy to much credit!

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
But we have to remember what my dear ol grand-pappy used to say.... "when you're up to your arse in alligators, It's hard to remember that your main objective was to drain the swamp!"

I for one am going to keep an eye on how things develop. I'm hopeful but at the same time I'm sure not going to be holding my breath! We all know that the current way that the EPA has been run shows that saying they've got half a brain would be giving them waaaayyyyy to much credit!

Ohhh, alligator. Nom Nom. Alligators were rendered near extinct in the South at one point. I see no reason why we couldn't do the same in D. C.

A little of topic, but relevant. The National Forests are being cleaned up by Stakeholder Groups. They have effectively stopped the eco freaks in their tracks.

We need to do the same. Whether you are a mini scale miner or whatever, craniums need to be removed from colorectal canals, the realization that you will not get everything you want needs to be made, and big boy pants need to be put on to fight back. It is much easier to destroy us if we are divided. If we stand together as a group, people's will listen.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

OP
OP
R

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM, you can get on your soapbox any old time.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the update

ratled

looks like Cathy McMorris-Rodgers is getting edged out as DOI Secretary for Montana's Ryan Zinke
I don't know what a Theodore Roosevelt Republican is, I think in Montana "conservation" means something
different than the environmentalist rhetoric, like from the dust bowl with man interceding to make things better.
Trump Taps Montana Republican Rep. Ryan Zinke as Interior Secretary - NBC News
Montana congressman Ryan Zinke as Interior secretary- MSN

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
looks like Cathy McMorris-Rodgers is getting edged out as DOI Secretary for Montana's Ryan Zinke
I don't know what a Theodore Roosevelt Republican is, I think in Montana "conservation" means something
different than the environmentalist rhetoric, like from the dust bowl with man interceding to make things better.
Trump Taps Montana Republican Rep. Ryan Zinke as Interior Secretary - NBC News
Montana congressman Ryan Zinke as Interior secretary- MSN

Maybe he is an Actual Outdoorsman as was Teddy? https://www.google.com/webhp?source...TF-8#q=teddy roosevelt hunter conservationist. I hope he is reasonable about possible future federal land changes to Park or Monument status (some of which have locked up natural resources) unlike the current and some past administrations. His undergraduate degree is in geology so he should know the importance of availablity of our natural resources.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would hate to be the one to take Cmd. Zinke out to the wood shed if he screws up. Something about being a retired Navy Seal is intimidating

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure gives me a feeling of many things getting better on the national level especially considering what the alternative would have been. Now if I could only get my state of Oregon to give me back the time they have taken from us to enjoy our prospecting and mining before it's too late for me. Then there is Kalifornia also, another story. FOG, John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread