All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as I said we have regulation it has helped. especially with air quality. Our environment hasn't gotten worse in our country. We have more Cities and towns and expansion. I consider those places a less appealing environment. I do not want city folk telling me what to do in the country cause from my point of view they are blowing it and literally don't care but, want to have groups that do that they can say they are part of.

If pollution has dropped so much keep the smart regs. and cut budgets because you don't need the money obviously.

Funny that the budget increased by a bit at a certain noticeable point, effort was not switched to anything other than going after more people. And if there are numerous metrics showing great improvement then where, where where is this monster we are all fighting that is destroying our environment?

There isn't one. The Government however needs to convince people that it needs more money for things like the EPA

http://d7.freedomworks.org.s3.amazonaws.com/EPA_Budget_Chart_0.jpg

http://d7.freedomworks.org.s3.amazonaws.com/EPA_Budget_Chart_0.jpg
http://www.perc.org/sites/default/files/2011/07/air-quality-and-the-epa-budget-since-19801_0.jpg

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you want to track EPA Superfund clean ups, here's a list (from the EPA of course) for each state.
And lots of N/A's. That's what you get with no oversight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Superfund_sites

Not a very good track record considering the 36 years and countless $$$ that has been spent.

https://www.publicintegrity.org/2011/02/22/2121/epa-superfund-cleanup-costs-outstrip-funding.

It also reminds me of when I worked for the Municipality of Anchorage. We did such a good job cleaning up the air, the law was changed to every other year vehicle inspections. Everyone expected to get the annual $10 cost savings with the certificate of inspection fee BUT WAIT! Our budget was based on annual inspections. So to compromise and appease everyone, we ONLY raised the cost of the certificate $8, rather than downsize the operation to match the work. :BangHead:

And that my friend is how government works. My Dad taught me how politics work. Just like a pendulum, it swings from left to right and whoever has the most money typically wins.

Last edited:

BrassEagle

Mar 15, 2009
Grainte Bay
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster/Di
Clement change is real no one can denie this. It has been changing for 3 to 4 billion years and will for the next 3 to 4 billion years. Until the expanding Sun burns are little Ars. All the EPA reg. will not make a difference. No Fed. State, law will make it stop. There has been laws covering are air and water for many years. But the enforcement has been very poor. Too many in power for many years do not enforce them. They just take the money and run. Stop and think about the dredge ban why would then stop it, A little dirty water, I don't think so. Pulling mercury and other heavy metals from the river, I don't think so. Making the river bottom better for the fish, I don't think so. You may think I'am crazy Butt I think they saw the price of gold going sky hi! And said to there self. What would the hills of calif. look like if people come from all over. If gold hit 1,000 dollars a oz. Dredges thousands of them along the American river setting camp along it cutting down trees building fires. O My Look at some of the pic. that Reed post of the days of the 49ers. thanks Reed. I don't think they could stop it. So they took the easiest way, stop the dredge, to me the dredge is the best for the buck to get gold. not many want to hard rock mine.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the amount of dredge permits did not increase as the price of gold went up EVERY YEAR!

the whole "new gold rush" stories are just that stories. Fact is out of every hundred who try prospecting maybe two get relatively serious about it.

Same thing as the lead ammo ban. Every year there are less hunters in Ca. Yet somehow people convinced the legislature...LOL that's funny...I mean the legislature convinced the population via a Bill that we must be saved from "potential" lead laced gut piles...look up cases of people who got lead poisoning from hunting...hint you won't find any!

but OMG we had to be saved from the lead throwing hunter!!

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As some of you may remember I have an Environmental Science Degree. Took me 8 years to complete a 4 year degree but I have it none the less.

The EPA is one of those things in many ways that have outlived its usefulness. Now they have to create boogeymen in order to justify their existence. We would be just as well off to eliminate the entire organization and leave it to the States to regulate. Problems would get dealt with quicker, cheaper, and much more effectively.

I know its hard to believe with Arizona being a pro mining state, but we have a pretty damn good environmental department here, like most other States.

OP
OP
R

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM you nailed it. Local authority

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am for the guy as long as he is lower than dirt all the way down to bedrock.

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
MM you nailed it. Local authority

The Gold King Mine foul up is rather eloquent proof of the need for local control. The local experts told them what would happen, but the EPA IGNORED their suggestions. And here we are with the mess that they left. I REALLY love the part about how they claimed no pollution went above pollution limits but if I had did that, the river would have been rendered "unusable" for generations over a pin head sized piece of lead.

Anybody with half of a functional brain, should have been able to foresee what was gong to happen. Like President Elect Trump said, it's time to drain the swamp.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Make no mistake Pruitt is a politician and
only a politician. He will go after or fight for what ever fills his ballot box.
He is lower than dirt and that is my 2 cents.

He is a politician, no doubt, and if he likes people that vote for him,
then let's let him know we are his biggest fans.

He's going to be assaulted on every side by eco groups like
the Sierra Club, so we need to let him know he has friends in
the small-scale mining community, and that we'll support him
if he supports us.

Squeeky wheel gets the grease..so let's be squeeky!

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As some of you may remember I have an Environmental Science Degree. Took me 8 years to complete a 4 year degree but I have it none the less.

The EPA is one of those things in many ways that have outlived its usefulness. Now they have to create boogeymen in order to justify their existence. We would be just as well off to eliminate the entire organization and leave it to the States to regulate. Problems would get dealt with quicker, cheaper, and much more effectively.

I know its hard to believe with Arizona being a pro mining state, but we have a pretty damn good environmental department here, like most other States.

It does seem like a waste of tax dollars when you need 3-5 permits from 3-5 agencies... can't we cull that back to 1-2? :|

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Environmental interest groups define “progress” as ever-expanding laws, regulations, bureaucracies and power,
to bring air and water emissions of every description down to zero, to prevent diseases that they attribute to manmade pollutants
and forestall “dangerous manmade climate change.” Achieving those goals requires controlling nearly
every facet of our economy, industries, lives, livelihoods and living standards.
Americans reject radical Obama ?environmental? agenda, want it rolled back ? The Free Range Report

there are groups that look at the facts not the "progressive mantra"
https://www.cfact.org/

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Environmental interest groups define “progress” as ever-expanding laws, regulations, bureaucracies and power,
to bring air and water emissions of every description down to zero, to prevent diseases that they attribute to manmade pollutants
and forestall “dangerous manmade climate change.” Achieving those goals requires controlling nearly
every facet of our economy, industries, lives, livelihoods and living standards.
Americans reject radical Obama ?environmental? agenda, want it rolled back ? The Free Range Report

there are groups that look at the facts not the "progressive mantra"
https://www.cfact.org/

Exactly, except for one thing. Us "little people" are the ones who need to suffer in order to save the environment while they live it up. We starve while they eat lobster and fillet mignon.

I do hope that the "little people" who support these fruit loops realize soon that when the time comes, they will be abandoned to suffer with rest of us.

And as for the "diseases" caused by "pollution", there are far, far worse diseases out there just waiting for the human body to be stressed and beat down enough for them to take hold. Imagine trying to fight off something like the manbearpig flu while freezing half to death due to lack of heat and electricity.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the US cities are in California; in fact all but 2 of the 10 are. What gives? California has some of the most stringent regs in the US. I'll bet most of that comes from dredging; er, I meant automobiles. But what is banned? Dredging. Californina gov't makes very little sense.

What do you expect from the state that now regulates cow farts.... No, really, they do .........officially

ratled

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does seem like a waste of tax dollars when you need 3-5 permits from 3-5 agencies... can't we cull that back to 1-2? :|
or how about only if you really really actually need it not for the sake of having a system of permits....that's sounds good to me

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or how about only if you really really actually need it not for the sake of having a system of permits....that's sounds good to me
th.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread