goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Once again it looks like we have non-miners attempting to rewrite the mining laws. What does patenting have to do with cleanups? Zip, zero and nada!!! Patents have been stopped for some time now so that's pretty much a non-issue.

Current regulations require a bond for reclamation already. Maintenance fees are already paid and now they want to add a land rental charge on top of that? Then let's go and charge a royalty on all minerals removed. Sounds to me like they're trying to make it so unprofitable to do hard rock mining that no one will want to do it because it would be a loosing proposition no matter how rich the deposit.

Is there a problem with some of the abandoned mines? Of course there is. Do they need work to clean them up? Yes. Is this the way to get the problem taken care of? No way Jose! Especially if groups like EarthWorks, the Sierra Fund and the Center for Bio-Diversity want to help write the new laws.

rockbar

Oct 19, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last push by the Obama-era. They just killed the Keystone pipeline. Now time to kill mining, with the pretense of environmental stewardship.

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
trying to abolish the miners rights for a long time, , and i am sure this to will go over like a lead balloon in congress, but this time they are getting more steam behind this push
i agree, this last year of this admin will / gonna be pretty darn scary for the industry, wonder if the UMWA even gives a dam, oh look UMWA statement on bankruptcy filing by Alpha Natural Resources | United Mine Workers of America finger pointing, :BangHead: spin it anyway you want, how do youi cut your own throat and blame others sick Mo Fo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions