Equinox 600 VDI / General VDI Question?

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've noticed on several hunts and particularly yesterday this happened to me several times I would hit a target and get a VDI reading, 18 seems to be a favorite, then the number wouldn't go away immediately. .. I'm sure the detector is still reading but I would wait a few seconds for the screen to clear and continue on. Is this normal for all VDI machines?

This is one of the great things about the beep n dig machines (Tesoro) there is virtually no delay in audio response from one target to another.

FYI I own the F22 and it does the same thing but is far worse than the Equinox. Sometimes it takes 5-10 seconds to clear.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Increase your recovery speed. :skullflag:

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never saw this on my NOX 600. I usually have my recovery speed at 3 for land hunts due to the amount of trash, and it pops to the next TDI right away.
I would change your tones to 50 instead of 5 (if you have it lower than 50) and then see if it happens again, but notice if the TDI does NOT change, but the tone DOES change, because then it would mean your detector display isn't changing even though your NOX is picking up a new target. Just thinking outloud.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread