flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I have never dug so many quarters as I have with the EQ800!

Passing over foil tops, tinfoil, and caps, this thing is just killing it. Loving it. no gold yet, but not the machine's fault. Coil has to be over it to find it.

IMG_6176.jpg IMG_6210.JPG

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great results! What settings have you found to be most effective in allowing you to pass on the junk while hitting the coins?

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey flgliderpilot.... nice finds! Most of those coins look fresh, so am i correct in thinking you hit a lot of them on the soft sand? I rarely see quarters that pretty in the water. Very nice collection, just imagine if the beaches still took quarters for parking. :)

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am running beach 2, with -9 - 8 notched out.

If I get a good solid hit I turn on all metal and check for iron. Also pass on solid 14 (square pull tab)

So far have passed on ssoooooooo much junk I'd have dug with my other machines.

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey flgliderpilot.... nice finds! Most of those coins look fresh, so am i correct in thinking you hit a lot of them on the soft sand? I rarely see quarters that pretty in the water. Very nice collection, just imagine if the beaches still took quarters for parking. :)

yeah water too cold lately for swimmers. This is an area I've been hunting a couple times a week for a few years. I've never dug so many quarters before ... I think it's because I would typically be digging foil tops, wrappers, and pull tabs so I'm digging more good targets instead of junk in the same amount of time. I find I'm working larger areas than I did before.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also noticed this thing is a quarter magnet. It tends to pick out the faint signaled crusty ones well.

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should mention platinum women's rings fall in the 6 and 8 range.. so I am missing out on those when I am running this disc setting. I'm aware of that for those who are wondering... it's just that there is SO MUCH aluminum foil and foil tops in this area of the beach that I would spend hours digging just those things.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow that is a lot of coins, congratulations! :occasion14:

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should mention platinum women's rings fall in the 6 and 8 range.. so I am missing out on those when I am running this disc setting. I'm aware of that for those who are wondering... it's just that there is SO MUCH aluminum foil and foil tops in this area of the beach that I would spend hours digging just those things.

flgliderpilot.... hey, send me the gps coordinates of that site you are working so that i can take my NOX there set to 6-8 and pickup those Platinum rings you don't want. :laughing7:

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
flgliderpilot.... hey, send me the gps coordinates of that site you are working so that i can take my NOX there set to 6-8 and pickup those Platinum rings you don't want. :laughing7:

That would be fun to watch : D Nothing more fun than digging chopped catsup packets

Last edited:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can attest to the quarter thing. I have found over 276 quarters in less than 24 hours in the field using my 800.. Since March 17th I have found $116 in clad with my 800

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normsel.... whoa, within 24 hours? Is there some quarter throwing competition happening there in D'Iberville?? :) That's awesome. Keep having fun!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree about it being a quarter magnet. Since March 16th I have found over $80 in quarters and $24 in dimes. I been averaging $4- $5 per 2 hour hunt but I been hunting a park only one other person has been hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread