GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello.
So i picked up some MPOW H4 APTX Low Latency headphones.
Paired them up with the NOX 600. They paired fine.
However, the NOX is supposed to show a bluetooth icon with a +, if it is APTX LL. Instead it is just showing the headphone icons without the +.
So the display on the NOX isn't showing the +, even though I know the headphones are APTX LL.
Does anyone else have a pair of APTX LL headphones, and do you see the bluetooth + icon on the control unit of the NOX?
nox.png

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could help, but way over my head.....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beats me. What does the detector's manual say about the use of other headphones?

OP
OP
GroundBalanced

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beats me. What does the detector's manual say about the use of other headphones?

Manual says you can use APTX LL headphones just fine.
I am wondering if the ones i have, are sold as APTX LL but are NOT really APTX LL.
I ordered a different set that I have heard others had good luck with.... MICCUS SR-71 Stealth.
Arrives tomorrow.
If all goes as planned, it will pair as LL instead of simple Bluetooth. I will see that little BLUETOOTH+ icon i'm hoping to see, and then hearing no latency. :)
I will test & let you know how it goes.

FYI i have also heard that a couple of other headphones work too: Trond TD-BH01 (but it has base boost, so wasn't interested) and Avantree Audition "PRO". I like my headphones to swivel and lay flat so i didn't go for the Avantree.

I would think this problem i had was a HEADPHONE problem and not a NOX problem (crossing fingers). We'll see soon.

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I did read somewhere that the Sr 71 are clones of what you get with the 800, but I figure you already know this, are you still getting audio from the other set and just no LL?

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a pair of the miccus sr 71s and they seem to pair up fine with the EQ 600 , I DO see the + on the screen next to the bluetooth icon. I hope this helps, I will let you know how I like the headphones .

OP
OP
GroundBalanced

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did read somewhere that the Sr 71 are clones of what you get with the 800, but I figure you already know this, are you still getting audio from the other set and just no LL?

Right... the MPOW's show PAIRED but no "+" (so no LL).

OP
OP
GroundBalanced

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a pair of the miccus sr 71s and they seem to pair up fine with the EQ 600 , I DO see the + on the screen next to the bluetooth icon. I hope this helps, I will let you know how I like the headphones .

Thats great news Goldstar1. Mine come tomorrow. Glad to hear you are seeing the + so they are verified LL. I will be testing them starting tomorrow. Tks again.

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out with these today for a few hours, I love them , they are comfortable , the sound is great and clear and no noticeable time lag as far as I can tell. I usually hunt without headphones and in the past it was a bit of a transition to using them but with these I was really comfortable right off the bat. I bought the refurbished ones for 39 bucks and they seem brand new and work great I dont think you can go wrong with these. I love the Equinox too it is really a great detector. I hope you like the headphones.

OP
OP
GroundBalanced

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out with these today for a few hours, I love them , they are comfortable , the sound is great and clear and no noticeable time lag as far as I can tell. I usually hunt without headphones and in the past it was a bit of a transition to using them but with these I was really comfortable right off the bat. I bought the refurbished ones for 39 bucks and they seem brand new and work great I dont think you can go wrong with these. I love the Equinox too it is really a great detector. I hope you like the headphones.

Goldstar... just got them & tested them out yesterday. Very comfortable. They also pair Low-Latency as described, showing me the Bluetooth+ icon. I was quite happy to see it. I don't notice any lag so far, and love the fact that i can swap in the cable to go wired if needed. That's a great price $39 refurbished. Good luck out there!

*For anyone considering the MPOW H4, i wouldn't purchase those. They don't talk about LL on the box, or booklet, and they don't pair with the LL CODEC. Unless you are okay with the delay in every swing, I would move on to something else. They are described as LL via website/store sites, but they do not connect LL.

Last edited:

curious2

Sep 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Avantree Audition Pro ("Pro" is the low latency version of the Audition). They pair as low latency aptx without problems. Thinking about trying earbuds, though, so that wearing my hat is easier :)

OP
OP
GroundBalanced

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Avantree Audition Pro ("Pro" is the low latency version of the Audition). They pair as low latency aptx without problems. Thinking about trying earbuds, though, so that wearing my hat is easier :)

curious2 - I agree... Would love to find some "inexpensive" waterproof APTX LL earbuds to wear (with the hook around the ear).
Anybody have any luck locating something like that - which could handle getting dunked at times? Definitely need them to be Aptx LL.

Buddy_TX

Greenie
May 25, 2017
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
CZ 21
AT Pro
AT MAX
Whites TR Amphibian
Tesoro Stringray
Detector Pro Wader
Detector Pro Priate
Tesoro Silver Saber
Garret S1, S2, S3 (TR machines )
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Miccus Sr 71s are the headphones that minelab send with the 800. Miccus makes them for Minelab and just puts minelabs name on them

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521908317.793679.jpg

Wonder if these will work...?

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope.... not apx ll they work but the equinox does not recognize them as ll....but they make my hello kitty cd sound so good....

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello.
So i picked up some MPOW H4 APTX Low Latency headphones.
Paired them up with the NOX 600. They paired fine.
However, the NOX is supposed to show a bluetooth icon with a +, if it is APTX LL. Instead it is just showing the headphone icons without the +.
So the display on the NOX isn't showing the +, even though I know the headphones are APTX LL.
Does anyone else have a pair of APTX LL headphones, and do you see the bluetooth + icon on the control unit of the NOX?
View attachment 1561280
Hold the button on the equinox until you hear the headphones come on.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes ....I paired the Bose to the equinox they do work,the + sign does not show up....or am I missing something......

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ll try it tomorrow

OP
OP
GroundBalanced

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold the button on the equinox until you hear the headphones come on.

RodgerDodger... tks for the response. Yeah, the problem wasn't the pairing process, the problem ended up being that the MPOW H4 headphones i was using were sold as APTX LL but were NOT APTX LL, they were only APTX.
So that is why the "+" never showed up. I got some Miccus SR71's and they pair up & show the "+" just fine now. Work great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread