The Nox finds are rolling in, what does this tell me?

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perusing forums I see the finds starting to mount.

Number one, I wasn't imagining what I witnessed when I first got my detector. My reporting seems accurate.
Next.
Folks seems are making good finds with few hunts or little actual detecting time in the field or water.
So Minelab has made a very easy to understand and operate detector that reports targets tonally with meter ID that is easy for a user to interpret.

Equinox will go down in the history books- I know this now for sure.

And the weather in lots of USA terrible, other wise we would see even more finds.

If I am counting right looks like 4 half dollars already been found with Nox so far, in what little time folks have had. These just the ones posted publically about. I found one myself.

Last edited:

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to get mine out and find some stuff. I did have a chance to swing it briefly for an hour or so a couple of times, but it's mighty hard to dig through frozen ground. Hopefully winter will be just a memory, soon.

As for the machine itself, I've noticed extreme stability, good depth, and easy to understand tones, even if it is a little unbalanced. If it brings home the goods, then that can certainly be overlooked.

Thanks for all the hard work in bringing information to the people regarding this amazing machine. It's much appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait to get mine out and find some stuff. I did have a chance to swing it briefly for an hour or so a couple of times, but it's mighty hard to dig through frozen ground. Hopefully winter will be just a memory, soon.

As for the machine itself, I've noticed extreme stability, good depth, and easy to understand tones, even if it is a little unbalanced. If it brings home the goods, then that can certainly be overlooked.

Thanks for all the hard work in bringing information to the people regarding this amazing machine. It's much appreciated.

Some bad weather.
Seems Phil was right. Dang groundhog.

Was cold here today, not frozen. I didn't detect today. Will try tomorrow.

Jacza

Apr 14, 2016
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the Nox is finding so much, why the people have time writing in the forum and making videos about it? :icon_scratch:

Dechert360

Feb 1, 2018
Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If the Nox is finding so much, why the people have time writing in the forum and making videos about it? :icon_scratch:

Gotta do something while it’s charging lol

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to adding a Nox to my Harem

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to thank you on here for your postings of GRTEAT information. I do not post much on here but sure love all the valuable information most post on here . A GIANT THANK YOU !!!!

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your question is a worthy one.
The Nox is a minesweeper of a detector. It is fast, gives good ID to boot, and is light weight. In just 2 hours time a Nox user can do some serious detecting. The 11" DD coil chews up real estate. Just the overall package, Nox is both easy to setup and run and seems to be efficient in both locating and conveying info to user.

When you get to witness one in action, you'll understand all I have said here.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a metal detector. It finds metal stuff.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I wonder if it is finding more because people are digging more trash?
But still some nice finds coming in on youtube and the forums.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tnsharpshooter....

The tones on the Equinox. Are they descriptive? You tube videos obviously don't give you that info. Was just wondering if it has a distinct coin sound vs say a smashed aluminum can? Or deep flat piece of iron....will it ring it up as a high tone?

I'd like to get one....still wondering which I should get since it would be my open field deep coin hunter. Tone break above iron is my style so the 600 might work, huh? I'd hate to regret not getting the 800 if there was something I'd need thay wasn't there and the for a couple hundred dollars more could have been had!

Thanks for all the info.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course it's going to find metals. That's a given. Almost all half dollars are softball targets and blow your ears off. They blow mine off. Just have fun people.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnsharpshooter....

The tones on the Equinox. Are they descriptive? You tube videos obviously don't give you that info. Was just wondering if it has a distinct coin sound vs say a smashed aluminum can? Or deep flat piece of iron....will it ring it up as a high tone?

I'd like to get one....still wondering which I should get since it would be my open field deep coin hunter. Tone break above iron is my style so the 600 might work, huh? I'd hate to regret not getting the 800 if there was something I'd need thay wasn't there and the for a couple hundred dollars more could have been had!

Thanks for all the info.
Best working, functioning for locating, studying, tones Inhqve ever used or heard bar none.

OP
OP
tnsharpshooter

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course it's going to find metals. That's a given. Almost all half dollars are softball targets and blow your ears off. They blow mine off. Just have fun people.

Yeah and find some metal other models may not. Been there and done that already.

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah , been there done that also

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread