Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Handle is hard rubber, not slippery.

The equinox is very easy to swing, but much more comfortable if you adjust the cuff. It's too large so some of us have warmed it with a heat gun a made it a bit tighter which makes a HUGE improvement. An AT Pro cuff would probably fit if you wanted to just replace it with a smaller one.

I can swing it for 4 hours with no problems. It's more comfortable than my AT Pro was, and far easier to swing than my Fisher CZ-21 which kills my arm in an hour or two max.

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its no Deus but it is an improvement over most other similar priced models.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I adjusted the coil properly, I can swing it for hours without any problem.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Run the shaft as short as comfortable. If you run the shaft too long you will feel it within 5 minutes...

jeg208

Jan 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup! Tighten the cuff and swing just past your toes, and you are good to go

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And what is the proper way to adjust the coil to improve balance?

let your arm hang naturally at your side, hold the detector and adjust the length until the coil just a little in front of your feet.

parkgt

Feb 19, 2013
Western AR
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, XP Deus, previous CTX and 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let your arm hang naturally at your side, hold the detector and adjust the length until the coil just a little in front of your feet.

OK, I already do adjust the shaft length. When you said "I adjusted the coils properly"; I thought maybe you had found some unknown secret in relation to the coil itself.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I already do adjust the shaft length. When you said "I adjusted the coils properly"; I thought maybe you had found some unknown secret in relation to the coil itself.

no secret here....just grab your nox by its shaft and start swinging...swing that nox by the shaft till you just can't swing it any more....when you have had enough and you are spent....rest drink lots of water and go again. do not share your nox with others.....if you do people could call you a swinger....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No secret, but most people try to extend the coil way too far out in front. then they wind up holding the entire weight with the arm instead of letting it hang and just sweeping back and forth. If stick you empty hand straight out in front of you, your strength will fail very quickly, with zero added weight.

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't tested yet but adding an auxiliary battery pack behind the arm cuff does seem to counter balance .
Wasn't originally my idea. Also obviously stay away from water while using battery pack.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions