Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Show us how you set up the at pro so many things people don't realize. If you need to ground balance then do so but if nit start factory reset and detect with that gb loses depth this is why many people gb then turn it down 10 or so more . Is the sensitivity all the way up The at performs great in mineralized soil and can separate better than most machines if its tuned right. The Attack coil which I also have will lose depth on smaller targets dimes ect ask the dealer or any getector sales person you will get more depth on larger targets but also pick up many targets at once in trashy areas. You cany test one area one soil and draw a conclusion its like air testing which means nothing because you don't detect air you detect through many types of soil mineral content so many things that effect depth terrain water content iron ect ect temp. The deus is a great machine but for a grand more I hope it digs for me too,My partner has a deus and we hunt a lot together it would take yeatrs for him to find 1 grand of more coins than I get we check each others targets a lot and we have almost the same depth and most silver and gold we find is pretty near the surface both great machines then ask your self if you really want to dig 2ft down if you know its a great find yes but many times it isn't. The pro with the iron audio notch discrim pin point roll tone waterproof to 10 ft The MAX is an awesome machine also I think its more just getting your coil over a target. Cool post to watch

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Show us how you set up the at pro so many things people don't realize. If you need to ground balance then do so but if nit start factory reset and detect with that gb loses depth this is why many people gb then turn it down 10 or so more . Is the sensitivity all the way up The at performs great in mineralized soil and can separate better than most machines if its tuned right. The Attack coil which I also have will lose depth on smaller targets dimes ect ask the dealer or any getector sales person you will get more depth on larger targets but also pick up many targets at once in trashy areas. You cany test one area one soil and draw a conclusion its like air testing which means nothing because you don't detect air you detect through many types of soil mineral content so many things that effect depth terrain water content iron ect ect temp. The deus is a great machine but for a grand more I hope it digs for me too,My partner has a deus and we hunt a lot together it would take yeatrs for him to find 1 grand of more coins than I get we check each others targets a lot and we have almost the same depth and most silver and gold we find is pretty near the surface both great machines then ask your self if you really want to dig 2ft down if you know its a great find yes but many times it isn't. The pro with the iron audio notch discrim pin point roll tone waterproof to 10 ft The MAX is an awesome machine also I think its more just getting your coil over a target. Cool post to watch

I often thought I have to get deep, I have to get deeper for that deep silver and then you dig enough deep false holes in this La. clay and heat and it definitely makes you think different.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm the same way I guess if your in a park too deep would not be good. I like hills 90 percent of my finds I guess cause people lose coins rings ect. I know you have made many great finds Ill say this about the AT when you hit a coin its very clear same with gold very solid VDI great all terrain machine The iron audio I love and many other functions I think many people worry to much about depth the AT is a very simple solid has everything machine. Thanks for taking the time to do those tests just wanted to point out that there are so many more things to a detector than depth when the difference is pretty small . I love being able to notch out bottle caps or any signal you don't like to turn iron audio on to see if the target is iron detecting in rain or in water depth I think is factor but the depth on most of these higher priced machines is pretty close too much put on going down over a foot anyway Thanks my friend keep up all your great posts and finds Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread