Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Bazooka Gold Trap 36" Sniper
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK. Which leads me to my next question. Are you planning on wet sluicing in the desert where there is no existing water? I've never measured it but in my recirc system uses at least 40 gl during a 2 hour run on the 2200.

I want to be able to, but at this time, mainly just not to be tied down to the river. I'd rather be able to set it up on the bank, close to where I'm digging, instead of having to haul the material TO the sluice, wherever I can get it set up to work.

OP
OP
B

B Street Blacksmith

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went out to the river today. Got a small bucket full of cons and some pictures out of it. Going to save the cons for a while, until I get "Project 2" underway (more on that later).

Here are some pics of the outing:

JNZd9JZ.jpg
My oldest, Johnnie (nicknamed Kitty), running the bazooka.

lWdtawp.jpg
My little girl, Micha (pronounced Mee-sha) trying her hand at panning.

1i6GsWE.jpg
Both my miners working, while I "supervise".

5gEftnx.jpg
Both girls digging out a really large hole in the rocks (that was just full of black sand).

aZTq7Ut.jpg
Kitty trying to teach Micha the "right way" to pan.

We moved about 12 full buckets of material through the sluice today, and ended up with about a cup of heavy concentrates after clean out and panning off some of the larger gravel and blonde sand.

All in all, a very fun day with the family, and you never know, maybe even a bit of gold!

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome thread!

I look forward to following your progress.

We gotta do something about them UT hats, though... ;)

~Tejaas~

OP
OP
B

B Street Blacksmith

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome thread!

I look forward to following your progress.

We gotta do something about them UT hats, though... ;)

~Tejaas~

Cant help it with the hats. My daughter is a fan, and my niece went there. Gotta support family :P

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cant help it with the hats. My daughter is a fan, and my niece went there. Gotta support family :P

Absolutely understand, and purely a good natured joke.

I'm an A&M guy, but at the end of the day we are both Texans and gotta stick together, haha.

~Tejaas~

OP
OP
B

B Street Blacksmith

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Absolutely understand, and purely a good natured joke.

I'm an A&M guy, but at the end of the day we are both Texans and gotta stick together, haha.

~Tejaas~

Hey, if you ever get out this way on a weekend, look me up. I've got an extra BGT, and we could hit the river and run some material :P

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
That's some interesting bedrock for sure! You should be able to find some gold there. I'm not seeing any larger cobbles or boulders just sand. Are there any gravel bars nearby that cover the bedrock?

OP
OP
B

B Street Blacksmith

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's some interesting bedrock for sure! You should be able to find some gold there. I'm not seeing any larger cobbles or boulders just sand. Are there any gravel bars nearby that cover the bedrock?

Not so much :(

Some small gravel bars, but nothing like what I see in the photos of other places.

OP
OP
B

B Street Blacksmith

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got back from a few hours at the river.

Ran about 15x buckets (about 75% full) through the Bazooka.

Would have run more, but met up with a pair of guys who had just got their first sluice and pan off ebay, and were trying to figure out how to run. Helped them for most of the day (setting up, running material, cleaning it out, as well as "teaching" them how to pan).

Overall, had as much or more fun helping them, than I would have running my own material.

Even let them try out my Hand Dredge, and my Bazooka (I should have brought both Bazookas).

Ended up with a cup of material that is almost all black sand and lead (haven't "checked" on how much gold is in it, but I did see a bunch of colors)

Good 78f day at the river!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions