Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah coin spills have the craziest VDI's. You will get the same results from iron near a coin also and some chains bounce like crazy. If you get a bouncy crazy signal, dig it, I have been surprised many times.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When in dought or anything dig it, what have you got to lose really hh

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had the same thing, I kept getting bouncing signals and it was scratchy so i almost didn't dig it but like you I did and found a pocket spill of over $3 in mixed clad and a few pennies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always assumed it was trash. Like a signal bouncing all around in the 80's . Dug one up and found it was a coin spill of 6 quarters a couple of dimes and pennies. Go figure.

Great post! You have to dig the iffys sometimes to be rewarded!

Fast Ed

Jan 31, 2013
Scotia, ny
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Garrett AT Max, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm finding when I get mixed signals with my 5X8 coil on, many times its picking up every target in that spot. I started digging mixed signals and have been finding multiple targets and multiple targets mixed with trash as well......I seem to get mixed signals from 50 through 70's when finding buttons as well. Wish I was younger and could dig all day because I know I've passed over some good stuff just because I only had soooo many digs left in my freekin back LOL!

OP
OP
P

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean. I'll dig iffy targets when I first get started and as the day goes on my knees start giving out. Can slaw is a killer. Rings up a solid 43 sometimes. Just like a small gold ring.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know what you mean. I'll dig iffy targets when I first get started and as the day goes on my knees start giving out. Can slaw is a killer. Rings up a solid 43 sometimes. Just like a small gold ring.

I hear you! Gotta dig lots of junk to get the gold!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread