Received my ATP today. Woo hoo!

David in Germany

Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my starter detector was a Bounty Hunter Quick silver and I knew I was missing stuff. I even did an air test on it with a 5g silver bar and could only get a signal on it at about 3"... Put the ATP together and took it out in the back yard and within a minute I found a 2001 euro coin I think fell from the clothes line in an area I have gone over 100 times with the QS even though it was only just under the surface. I can't wait to really check some of the other signals (all over the yard and none of them rang up on the QS.) and get out in the fields around my area.

By the way, anyone want to trade their black Garrett carrying case for a brand new camo version?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I upgraded to the pro from a ace 350 in July and so glad I did. There is a learning curve though and in time you will master the pro. I suggest using in pro zero no disc and listen for the good tones. Check them from two ways and raise coil about a foot to make sure it isn't a big junk target. Congrats on the new detector and good luck. Oh yea I served two years in Germany in the us army just outside Nuremberg at W.O. Darby kasern in fuerth. Loved it over there beautiful country with lots of history.

OP
OP
David in Germany

David in Germany

Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was one of your mail delivery drivers when they were closing furth down. It was really sad to see the things go un cared for. The same thing is happening here in mannheim and Heidelberg as they move all of tge military to wiesbaden.

Sent from my GT-S7710 using Tapatalk

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my starter detector was a Bounty Hunter Quick silver and I knew I was missing stuff. I even did an air test on it with a 5g silver bar and could only get a signal on it at about 3"... Put the ATP together and took it out in the back yard and within a minute I found a 2001 euro coin I think fell from the clothes line in an area I have gone over 100 times with the QS even though it was only just under the surface. I can't wait to really check some of the other signals (all over the yard and none of them rang up on the QS.) and get out in the fields around my area. By the way, anyone want to trade their black Garrett carrying case for a brand new camo version?

Your going to have a ball with it!

OP
OP
David in Germany

David in Germany

Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple of deep coin hits in the yard already that I will dig before the ground freezes.(and when the wife doesn't notice me pulling a big plug from the grass!) I am a bit excited to see what they turn out to be. The entire area has a lot of Germanian and Roman history. They found a Germanian village less than a mile from my house when they built the Ikea here. My neighbor told me of a friend that found a Roman hammered gold in one of the local farmers field.

OP
OP
David in Germany

David in Germany

Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug my first one. Not a coin, gold colored, with a tiny blue stone in the middle and right at 10" deep. Pics tomorrow. :)

OP
OP
David in Germany

David in Germany

Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok the phone took a fairly decent pic.

OP
OP
David in Germany

David in Germany

Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pic

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384625088455.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384625088455.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 128
OP
OP
David in Germany

David in Germany

Apr 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better color

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384625239437.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384625239437.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 120

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ur off to a great start with the pro its a very well machine that has no problem keeping up with even the high end machines triple its price. Easily 2 machines in 1. Matter of. Fact I think I should sneak my pro past the wife who now thinks its hers lol. good luck with ur new machine

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great machine, good luck with it!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! it only gets better!

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great fine and good luck with it, I truly enjoy mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread