Error Dollar Bill

Silver Fox

Dec 8, 2007
New York City, USA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star
I read coolcash2004's post "BEGINNERS GUIDE TO COIN ROLL HUNTING!!! + TERMS" and it got me thinking about other means of finding error money. I did coin roll hunting which resulted in a roll of WL and Franklins (I posted in one of the forums a short while ago) and some 40% JFKs, etc.

But back in the '80s I used to look through issues of Coin World (or something like that) and they featured a short article or a letter to the editor where it was pointed out that a dollar bill had been issued containing an error. I started looking through dollar bills and once in a while I'd get $100 worth at the bank. Eventually I found 3 dollar bills with the error.

The error can be found on the reverse of certain bills, look at the photos for issue guides. On a normal bill the number 129 can be seen on the right side of the reverse. The error has the 129 on the left side of the reverse. The photos show the obverse of a normal bill and an error bill. Then the reverse of both bills, and the third photo of a closeup of two folded bills showing the right 129 and the error 129. The error bill is the one the left.

Look through your older dollar bills and as soon as you find an error bill, protect it. I don't know in 2008 how much value such a bill has but it has to be above face value especially if you find a nice, crisp bill.

I can see the lines forming at the bank!

Silver Fox

Attachments

• Error dollar bill 1.JPG
    Error dollar bill 1.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,293
  • Error dollar bill 2.JPG
    Error dollar bill 2.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,021
  • Error dollar bill 3.JPG
    Error dollar bill 3.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,187

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Good error. You'd really have to be paying attention to notice that one. I find a few smudges from time to time but nothing that good. Still looking though.

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions