Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
I can't tell from the picture (they are good pics, tho') but if the candlestick isn't too dented I'd try to sell it as an antique. I doubt there's more than 2-3 oz of sterling metal there, and maybe less. Having scrapped a couple different weighted items, I wouldn't bother unless it's no good for sale as it is. However if you have to see for yourself once (I couldn't resist), here's an opportunity to satisfy your curiosity.

OP
OP
I

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess my nest question would be this: how likely is it to sell this kind of piece at or above spot as an antique versus stripping it down? If it has 2-3 oz of silver, can I really expect to get $30-40 out of it as an antique candlestick?

Last edited:

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Well I guess my nest question would be this: how likely is it to sell this kin of piece at/ above spot as an antique versus stripping it down? If it has 2-3 oz of sliver, can I really expect to get $30-40 out of it as a w
I expect it to be worth $48 or less before paying shipping to my refiner. That's 90grams pure X .925 X spot -10%. That's optimistic. Man, is silver down or what? I'd spend some time looking at that "or less" part. Yes, you can do better on ebay with a few good pictures and some solid sales copy. Sell it as 454g weighted. Tell them you don't know what's what. You're selling a candlestick - not scrap metal! If they feel cheated let them send it back completely intact. That won't happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions