Estate Sale Sterling

trdhrdr007

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2009
I got an email earlier this week from an estate sale company I'm not familiar with. Went to their web site & the pictures for the sale showed several pieces of sterling. It was only 45 minutes away in a town that has a couple antique malls so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I got there about an hour early expecting to see a big crowd but I was the first one there. People started showing up about 15 minutes later. When they opened I made a beeline for the sterling. They had the weighted pieces priced over melt. The unweighted pieces were a little higher than I like to pay but still worthwhile. I ended up buying a little over 18.5 troy ounces of sterling for $176.

After making sure there wasn't anything else I could make a buck on I headed to the antique malls. The 2nd one was a complete skunk but I did ok at the 1st. I got another 10 troy ounces of sterling for $85 and about $90-100 worth of 10k/14k for $60.

With the way silver spot prices have been jumping around over the last few weeks it's hard to put an exact figure on my profit.....I'm figuring I'll make at least $200. Not too bad for about 5 hours "work".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread