Old bottle

rookie1

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2010
I found this bottle at a yard sell and thought it was very interesting I have tried to find it on the internet with not luck. the bottle is about 6 inches tall by 5 inches across the base. The seam runs up both sides and ends just under the lip The lip is 2 inches across and the bottom is wavy it has lots of bubbles in it with large bubbles at the base opposite the emblem. i can't decide if the emblem is wheat or rye stalks there are 3 of them and it looks like they have a ribbon around them. Any help or information would be very much appreciated Thanks

Attachments

• Bottle Bottom redo.jpg
    Bottle Bottom redo.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,332
  • Bottle Lip redo.jpg
    Bottle Lip redo.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,327
  • Bottle Seam redo.jpg
    Bottle Seam redo.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,372
  • Bottle Side redo.jpg
    Bottle Side redo.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,317

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bottle. I resized it for you.
roger

Attachments

• Bottle main-oct.16.jpg
    Bottle main-oct.16.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,335

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This bottle looks European to me, possibly Portuguese, Spanish or Italian. I feel the symbolism of the "emblem is wheat or rye stalks" is probably a clue that this bottle probably held Whiskey. As far as date goes, there are much more knowledgable people here at Tnet that could date this for you more accurately than I can. But, seeing that it was made in a 2 piece mold and has a mold-made lip, I'd date it to the late 1800's.

It's a very decorative bottle. :icon_thumright:

Cheers,
Dave

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Antiquarian said:
This bottle looks European to me, possibly Portuguese, Spanish or Italian. I feel the symbolism of the "emblem is wheat or rye stalks" is probably a clue that this bottle probably held Whiskey. As far as date goes, there are much more knowledgable people here at Tnet that could date this for you more accurately than I can. But, seeing that it was made in a 2 piece mold and has a mold-made lip, I'd date it to the late 1800's.

It's a very decorative bottle. :icon_thumright:

Cheers,
Dave
Yes I agree with all of what Antiquarian said . Not an expert but have done much research on old bottles . I can can not object to that previou assesment Rob.

sasnz

Aug 15, 2006
Auckland
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500 GTI
You have posted this in the wrong section for a quick ID.

Go to the main Forums Section and pick the forth forum down, click on "WHAT IS IT?". Just re-post it in there. There are some awesome people here who will be able to nail that down with surprising speed.

Sasnz :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread