Estate silver eagles

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We stopped at an estate sale today. There were 4 silver eagles in the case for $45 each!!! Not proof, but regular ones. I asked when they were going to be selling them or if everything was half off tomorrow? He pulls me off to the side and kinda whispers..... If you don't tell anyone you can have them for $40/ each!!! So I kinda whispered back, I can buy them on eBay for $25 free shipping and probably cheaper at the lcs! He said well, at least here you know they are real. Red Flag! The whole place was over priced. 3 sterling silver spoons that were 4" tall, $75 for all! they also had silver washington quarters for $14 each. I went there at 11:30 and no one was buying. All overpriced junk. What a toad! Just wanted to share!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol the few estate sales ive been to have also been WAY over priced- smh

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man...Yea..he is out to find a Sucker....I got one 2 days ago fro 19.99 Free Shipping on Ebay...I was the only bidder on the auction too "American Dollar"

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way overpriced. That's why you should bring a handy price guide with you, unless you know your stuff.

Never buy according to price guides only research.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way overpriced. That's why you should bring a handy price guide with you, unless you know your stuff.

2013 red book is now 10 months old, do you still think the prices are relevant? Those things are outdated (in terms of their pricing) the day they are printed. Even the online guides that are updated more frequently can be WAY off from what things are actually going for at auction.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just i with silver price spot. Or sold priced on eBay. But most of that stuff I know off the top of my head.

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's stories like this that kill me a little bit on the inside. I sometimes wander what these people are thinking.

acient-aliens-tide-goes-in-tide-goes-out-aliens.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions