Eurotek Pro readings for gold?

JunkLover

Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not holding out any hope for finding gold, but you never know. The thing is, it seems like gold always has the widest reading range of any metal, regardless of detector. I just don't want to possibly skip over gold because I'm assuming it's junk. Other sources say gold can read as low as 30 and as high as 77. I know sometimes there's just no way to know if something is trash or treasure until you dig it, but no other metal seems to give such different readings.

For the other ETP users here, what's your experience in finding gold? What kinds of readings do you get? I don't have any gold items to test with mine. I mean I'm still using a cheat sheet for mine because I haven't memorized all the possible numbers yet, so maybe I shouldn't be going for the gold until I do.

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Take some gold jewelry, preferably different sized pieces and do an air test. You will need to dig a lot of trash if you want gold, JMHO.

dogteam

Jul 31, 2012
Edmonton, AB
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro, 8" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm curious too, I've been meaning to try it out, I have a few gold rings that I could play with. I'll let you know what I find. I'm guessing that buried gold wouldn't change the signature over time like with corroded base metals?
I'm worried that those "sketchy" signals that I'm passing over might be something good...:P
So far I haven't hunted locations where gold is likely though. No beaches. The one lakeshore I hunted was disappointing...the ony thing I got was pennies, and they were absolutely toasted... just a lump of corrosion.

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I just tried a small gold ring and a large Men's wedding band with white gold and yellow gold, both in 14K.
Men's Band yellow/white 14K 63 (62-64)
Women's med/small 14K ring 56-57

OP
OP
JunkLover

JunkLover

Jan 29, 2014
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seems like the size of the gold will influence the reading along with the metal itself. Then again, I don't know what, say, a hunk of silver would sound like compared to a silver coin. In any case, seems like a solid signal is worth a dig. I'd probably skip over something reading 62-64 because I'd be thinking it was a pull tab or bottle cap.

In any case, thanks very much for the info! I think I'm just going to have to dig any non-ferrous solid signals with crossed fingers. :)

Olegrumpy

Apr 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sov GT-Explorer II-Goldbug Pro-Eurotek Pro-Classic III-Golden µMAX-1212-x-SH MKII-
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A 4 gram 18k wedding band registered 62 (solid/surface) on my ETP

My own 7 gram band registers 58.

A 22k thin, but large, earring : 68.

There's no rule.

The shape, alloy and mass each play their own part in the ID process.

I still dig the 37-39 range, as some of my thin gold jewelry registers there. Well, it registers in the low 40s, but it bounces into the high 30. If you silence iron, you might pass the gold. I do this when hunting for jewelry, when I hunt for coins, I silence the iron.

We hope here for an EuroF 44...:laughing7:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The best way to find the number read for your detector .. Is take items you hunt run your detector over them and BINGO you got the numbers for your detector.... you said your self they run as low as 30 and as high as 70 ... so you got your answer your self..

Mike Hillis

Greenie
Nov 9, 2005
Southwestern United States
Detector(s) used
Currently own and use: F75 LTD w/DST, Etrac, V3, Gold Kruzer, ATPro, Compadre, ETPro, 8500, GSII.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When looking for rings, start by looking for solid numbers above 36. Doesn't matter what the number is. If you get a stable number or something that stays close to a stable number, recover it. Rings will hit all over the place, but they have the same thing in common; they are round and give pretty stable numbers.

Good luck.
HH
Mike

ZR2guy

Jan 6, 2011
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 700 (stock and 6" coil), Pro-find 35 PP, Makro PP, and a little luck.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When looking for rings, start by looking for solid numbers above 36. Doesn't matter what the number is. If you get a stable number or something that stays close to a stable number, recover it. Rings will hit all over the place, but they have the same thing in common; they are round and give pretty stable numbers.

Good luck.
HH
Mike

Small pieces of can slaw also give pretty stable readings.:laughing7: Ask me how I know.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions