Evening hunt

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went back out this evening for another short hunt. I thought since the beach was real busy I would have better luck. I didn't. A lot of rude "drunk" people, tons of kids that could care less about who was around them, oh yes and the lovers clinging so tight to each other that it made you wonder......... Anyway I only stayed a little over an hour but I did find my 6th nitro stud. Maybe tomorrow will be luckier.

Moneynjunk0906092.jpg

Earring090609.jpg
::)

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sooner or later those nitro finds will be the real deal...congrats mumzie

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya Mums , been gettin my butt kicked the last few times out also , summer seems to have started out good for all of us but boy does it seem to have come to a screetchin slow down , things ARE going to get better an we will be findin the goods all over . :icon_thumleft:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sure are finds a lot of those ear rings. I always seem to have trouble in the water I get a hit and after I make the scoop the signal is gone so I check my scoop and nothing is there. Then the signal has move over so I try again and still nothing I get mad and move on. I need to figure out a way to keep the small stuff in the scoop. Maybe a new scoop with smaller holes but need the money first....Matt

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the drunk ones are rude, the kids are rude and disrespectful, won't even go there on the last one. LOL

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
mlayers said:
You sure are finds a lot of those ear rings. I always seem to have trouble in the water I get a hit and after I make the scoop the signal is gone so I check my scoop and nothing is there. Then the signal has move over so I try again and still nothing I get mad and move on. I need to figure out a way to keep the small stuff in the scoop. Maybe a new scoop with smaller holes but need the money first....Matt

I was having a problem with that too so what I did was..... the kids play with little plastic sand strainers on the beach. You see them all of the time. I took one of those and cut it to fit inside of my scoop. that worked pretty well but stuff would still slide out the sides sooooo I bought some gutter fiberglass wire and cut a strip of that to go around the inside of the scoop. Now this works real well in the water but if you try to hunt dry sand it is really hard to sift the sand out unless it is completely dry. Anyway since I only hunt (mostly) IN the water this works for me real well and I'm finding a lot of those stud earrings now that before I used to lose. Maybe this will help you too? I will take a picture of the inside of my scoop if that will help you. I added a couple of pictures of one of my scoops. I did this to both of mine.

scoop2.jpg

scoop3.jpg

I hope this helps. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread