Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the new excal out ( no I dont wanna talk about the new excal or my blood pressure will hit the roof) after hours ( 6 hrs to be exact) of toying with the threshhold, same problem as the previous two machines.. constantly adjusting the threshhold..I decided I would win on this hunt.. so I did nothing but play with that button and yes, it did work great in the water, no falsing.. its just the threshhold is messed up still, and blows your headphones off your head.. nuff of that for now..

I scored junk earrings ( not pictured)
1 wheatie not pictured haven't even looked at the date on it yet..
scored one mens white gold 14kt star sapphire ring.

Lemme tell ya this was the longest most difficult hunt I have ever had but somehow, I managed a decent find.. I think I will stick with my old excal.

Attachments

• starsapphire.JPG
    starsapphire.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 945
Upvote 0

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:coffee2:
nice ring!
i do not know enough about my new excalibur to complain yet!
it works sooooo much better than my old whites!

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the middle of chaos a gold lining. Nice ring... Arty

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on the star sapphire!!!!!! I have priced a few loose ones to compare to reds she won on cappys bidding nothing comes close to the color and quality!!!!! love the color of the one you found!!!! HH Chug

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how to run my excal.. I also know you learn new things everyday..however, let me make this clear..there is a clear problem in the threshhold..if ya dont believe me, then I will gladly let you use it and see for yourself.. what my machine does is not normal.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet ring find, Rae :icon_thumright:

sgratrider

Sep 21, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thinking that might fit my finger nicely ! Great find

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool ring!!! in the water?

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope not in the water, low tide, wet sands.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bootybay said:
I know how to run my excal.. I also know you learn new things everyday..however, let me make this clear..there is a clear problem in the threshhold..if ya dont believe me, then I will gladly let you use it and see for yourself.. what my machine does is not normal.

Bootybay, my new Excal II does exactly the same thing: constantly adjusts the threshold. I even took it back to Kellyco and had them check it out. They said it is normal with the new Excals.

But I will agree with you in that the shifting tone from high to mid to low (and then mine wants to generally stay low) is a pain in the backside. That low tone really starts to iritate the ears after awhile.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
I knew it would happen for you, just a matter of time! Congrats on a really nice ring. Sorry to hear the detector is still acting up, tho. Just want you to know there are many more rings where that one came from. Now get out there and get them!

Desertfox

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Your a true pirate to be able to deal with the constant issues of the threshold with the new excal and still pull a beautiful ring like that, congrads on the Blue Star.......joe

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldeBeechnut said:
Your a true pirate to be able to deal with the constant issues of the threshold with the new excal and still pull a beautiful ring like that, congrads on the Blue Star.......joe

Joe, you know I am Minelab all the way, however, it was me constantaly adjusting the threshhold in order to get it to work.. 6 hrs I hunted and over 10 blocks too.. I walked and walked forever it seemed, I was determined, but it was frustrating to keep having to adjust the TH all the time.. and I am still a faithful ML user. its the only machines I will use.. I just need the TH fixed is all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread