Ever Been On T. V.?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any body here ever been on TV?
Gameshow, news report, etc.

I hear tell there's talk of some kinda reality show about metal detectors and such and yada, yada, yada... :wink:

I've never been on TV, but I once had an opportunity to be on "Jeopardy" several years back....but that's a whole 'nother story.

Speaking of stories, what's YOUR story? 8)

Best Wishes,
Scott

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been on a Oklahoma talk show/entertainment show years ago alled dannysday its the show Mary Hart got started on. I was doing a trik ropping exibition. Was on there 2 times.

Then I was on CNN! ???

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
Been on a Oklahoma talk show/entertainment show years ago alled dannysday its the show Mary Hart got started on. I was doing a trik ropping exibition. Was on there 2 times.

Then I was on CNN! ???
dang!!

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:

Then I was on CNN! ???

Granny,
You know I like Cowgirls! :headbang:

Down here in Georgia, you can get a bumper sticker that says, "I Like Grits."
Girls
Raised
In
The
South... :laughing7:

Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Ever see "Lock up"?

Probably better than an episode of COPS! :tongue3:

Scott

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on the news several times in Washington D.C. when I was a part of the John Kennedy funeral, also marched in Funeral procession of General Mcarthur, & President Johnsons Inaguaral parade.
(But we all looked alike). ::)
Then I was on the evening news in Ok a few years ago with the late Gloria Farley, author of (In Plain Sight), the Cherokees met with folks from Tiawan discussing the similarities between Native Americans & Asians.
I was her driver setting in on the meeting.

Fossis............

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was taught roping by one of the original trick ropers from the world famous 101 ranch and wild west show. did parades an nursing home visits and succcccccccccccccccccccccch ! :tongue3:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mental Granny said:
I was taught roping by one of the original trick ropers from the world famous 101 ranch and wild west show. did parades an nursing home visits and succcccccccccccccccccccccch ! :tongue3:

Ummmm,
Granny,
Trouble with the "C" on yore keyboard?
:laughing7:
Scott

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Y'all don't know how cool that is to be on Danny's Day. Danny Williams of WKY. 3D Danny and Xavier T. Willard on the Circle 4 Ranch. And I met Foreman Scotty once. I was on the TV a lot. In high school I had to go down to the local cable access program and present things from the school art class. I apologize now for what I said about some of y'alls artwork, but it sounded good at the time. Later, I was on the TV in regards to certain police work I did. I didn't care for that. I don't care for reporters at all. We had a missing man once and finally we found him, dead. I had to tell his son that we found a body and it probably was his dad. That's hard to do, tell folks their loved ones didn't make it, this was particularly different, because they had that camera stuck in our faces and filmed the whole deal. I asked the reporter, could you please not use that on the news, cause that's a very personal moment, and that has no place on the news, me tellin this boy his dad is dead. He looked at me for a moment, and said 'You're right' and they didn't use it that evening.

Slim Diggins

May 27, 2010
McLoud Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of times in my younger days. Forman Scotty's Show and Danny's Day.

Danny Williams is still around. I believe he's doing a sales pitch for hearing aids now.

I catch glimpses of one of my younger brothers of the news occasionally.
He's a firefighter for OKC.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was on a trial commercial for toys when I was a kid (L.A.)...didn't get it. That was the closest to stardom I have come, although I've met a few celebs.

A close relative is going to be on National Geographic Explorer pretty soon...filming this month...not sure when it will be on. I told them it was about time someone was a star in this famn damily!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never got to be on Forman Sccotty, you had to get out of school early and drive to the Oklahoma City, and no one to take me but, I got to see him and all the animals when they ame here.

Oh and if you ever see Mike Betocher on the news hes form here and his brother still lives here. (hes on CNN reported from war zones.)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I was on the cover of the World Trade Center News letter and on the TV news for one event. As far as the paper my picture is in the top right hand corner, even though I believe I should have had top billing, but they gave it to a kid who actually did better than me.

The event you ask? Well almost every year the news loves to run a story on the Spring Equinox, and they go on the explain that at the precise time of the equinox, you can stand up an egg without it rolling over. Eggs were given out and the TV crews were there filming this for one of the evenings filler stories. It was actually a very windy day on the WTC concourse, so trying to balance an egg was not that easy. I actually took a really small piece of gum to adhere to the egg bottom, Voila, it stood. One of the anchors with camera crew rushed over and asked if I believed that I could balance an egg. I said, "Sure, it's no problem when you put a little piece of gum on the egg ;D She walked off in a huff, but they kept the footage :icon_thumleft:

So I had my full 3-5 seconds of fame on TV, but I will always be on the cover of the WTC paper :laughing9:

http://img441.imageshack.us/i/194033424220204214.jpg/

S

Smee

Does having recent photos of you on TV because you, your fiance and your brother have all "disappeared" count?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Back in the '50s, I was on WBAL in Baltimore. The show was called SHADOW STUMPERS. Two teams were selected from the audience and shown shadow images. I still remember two of them. there was a song at the time called "ONE MEAT BALL" the shadow appeared to be a very irregular circle. I guessed that one. The other one appeared to be a soldier charging with bannet forward. the other team guessed wrong. My guess was that it was a news boy handing the paper to a customer. I was right. Little did the other team know, the news boy was me!! I went home with a chest of dishes and silver!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I managed a restaurant here in town and a company came through that made TV commercials for local businesses. I did a 30 second commercial and it ran on our local cable company on channels like ESPN, USA, ABC Etc...but only aired to customers of the cable company here in town. It was pretty cool to see myself on TV but the restaurant changed hands and we turned it from a steak house into a Tex Mex place and changed the name...they kept running the old commercial for almost a year lol. We had a lot of laughs every time it came on the TV in the bar at the restaurant.

HH Charlie

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
i was on tv before. They did a thing on these new projectors at our school and i was controling the teachers computer :laughing7:. First and probobly the last time im on tv :tongue3:

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok a old news paper .....

Attachments

• S3011144.jpg
    S3011144.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 127
  • S3011143.jpg
    S3011143.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 113

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
I was on the news several times in Washington D.C. when I was a part of the John Kennedy funeral, also marched in Funeral procession of General Mcarthur, & President Johnsons Inaguaral parade.
(But we all looked alike). ::)
Then I was on the evening news in Ok a few years ago with the late Gloria Farley, author of (In Plain Sight), the Cherokees met with folks from Tiawan discussing the similarities between Native Americans & Asians.
I was her driver setting in on the meeting.

Fossis............
you have lived a colorful life :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread