Lottery

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not anymore. Used to play a lot. Matter of fact, used to play too much. Bordering on a problem if you catch my drift :help:

I used to drive down to Atlantic City from Manhattan with a few thousand in my pocket and - most times - would leave without even enough to buy a bag of chips from the vending machine. I spent a lot of money and a lot of years chasing the easy thing. There were some high times, but, like most gamblers, you ALWAYS lose in the long term.

P.S. - Biggest hit I ever had was on a $5 scratch off. $10,000. Here's the kicker though. Anything over $500 and you have to take it to one of the local offices to redeem it. Versus just cashing it in at the store. Well, they also took out 37% in taxes. I wound up with about $6,300. Not bad, but, a drop in the bucket compared to what I've lost over the years :tongue3:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
Lottery is a voluntary tax on those who are not good at math .

Thank you for my best laugh of the day! :laughing7:

Any gambler or math student will tell you that the lottery is a sucker's bet.

But, most people who buy a $1.00 Big Ball ticket has a few hours of dreams....(me included)

Scott

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I came close once. In January of 2009 I got 5 out of 6 on the California Super Lotto. The jackpot was about $170,000,000. I missed by one number and wound up with about $1500. I still play. I mean someone has to win it.... Why not me?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite numbers are the ones that would win me some money. Then again, I rarely play lotto, or even visit Atlantic City for that matter. It's much easier for me to take a nice ride and just toss my money out the car window ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
buy 1 ticket --cuz you gotta be in it to win it -- however playing more than 1 ticket per any game -- means your "betting" against yourself ---because for ticket "A" to win --ticket "B" has to lose ( not a sound way to play)-- so limit yourself to 1 ticket per game per play period --or do not play at all (some folks honestly should NOT EVER PLAY THESE GAMES-- and for the most part they know who they are--obsessive complusives) -- because then its not "gambling"--its working on becoming a mental illness.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess the lottery et. al. is legalized gambling.
I prefer to play Bingo or poker. And NOT them dadgum video poker machines, but with real people sitting across from me... :tongue3:
More "Bang for the Buck."

Scott

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I don't gamble except for buying a power ball ticket each Mo.
You see I learned from experience, My father lost $10,000,000 playing the ponies!! He was a genius except for that one sickness!

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not much of a gambler. I buy a scratch ticket once in a while, about 10 a year. I have got a $250 and $100 dollar winner on them. And I hit a slot machine once for $1199. Thats it for me.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
I usually get 1 number (sometimes 2!) out of 6. I should start a blog to post the numbers I pick so that other players won't use them (and thereby increase their own chances) because my luck is so bad.... :laughing7:

But then, I only play it twice a year.... :D

eboy1960

Mar 2, 2009
indianapolis indiana
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro/teknetics 6000
hello i also played alot ,but im sure its rigged,its only purpose is for the state an goverments ,needs not ours,,

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
well I goofed in my first post when I said I didn't gamble. I don't but I did once. I stopped by Sam's Club in Vegas because of their low, low, campground rates and their low, low, restaurant prices. I felt a kind of obligation so I decided to give them $20 in the form of a gambling "donation". I had noticed a large lady gambling on the quarter slot by the door when I came in. Her cup was almost empty when I went by so I got $20 in quarters and jumped on the slot she had been playing. I was down near the bottom when I hit it. The quarters over filled my cup. Almost $50 I left. I am probably one of the few that quit when they were ahead. I have never gambled since,lotto excepted.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread