Ever get tired of fighting those sheaths and holsters?

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like I was fighting those tool holsters and sheaths an awful lot so started to look for some alternative ways to carry my Pro Pointer and Lesche digging tool. A couple of the places I hunt are loaded with targets, and I don't seem to go more than a few feet without having to replace the tools back in their holders. This pouch made by Klein tools is heavy canvas, and is deep enough to hold both, and can accomodate other items as well. I was initially concerned that the tools might fall out, but after using it for a couple of months treking through the woods, climbing over fallen trees, getting up and down hundreds of time etc. nothing has fallen out yet. Might be worth giving it a try if you're not too co-ordinated like me.
You can find it on the net for about 25-30 bucks. HH BS

Attachments

• Klein 5142.jpg
    Klein 5142.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 330

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Good ol' electrician pouches, they work great! My father and I have many of them..... we're electricians. ;D

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a waitress apron. 3 pockets it is great....Matt

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
Woodland Detectors 4-H said:
I like all kline tools! :icon_thumleft:

So do I, they are the ONLY tools I use, nothing else comes even close to thier quality.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried several different types of carrying things and I finally got one from Bass Pro that has netting in the bottomand snaps shut at the top. It is designed to be used when trap or skeet shooting to put your shotgun shells in. Just don't poke a hole in it. My dear departed friend and hunting partner Jeff put me on to this. Monty

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hunt-en pouch works great has it's own belt and several other pouch all have snap's ..........................

gdzag

Oct 17, 2014
Trenton, Mi.
Detector(s) used
(2) Minelab E-Tracs, Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics G2+ LTD, Blisstool LTC64X V6 3 coil pkg, (2) Deteknix X-PinPointers, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Fisher F-Pulse PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I worked on a PVC Sheath for my IronClad Viking Digging tool (nicer version of the Lesche). I used what I had laying around the workshop and garage to form the 2" diameter PVC pipe. A Lesche would use a 1.5" diameter PVC pipe. I'm not crazy about the paint scheme, almost wish I would have left it un-painted. Here's some pictures: SAM_0095.JPG SAM_0096.JPG SAM_0097.JPG SAM_0098.JPG SAM_0099.JPG SAM_0100.JPG SAM_0101.JPG SAM_0102.JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't like a sheath filling up with mud/dirt so I attached a couple rare-earth magnets to my belt pouch and it holds my Lesche (a digger with push-to-cut teeth that allow it not to get hooked irretrievably between roots) or Trans-Mississippi tools (no teeth at all for parks) securely. The open-ended PVC is a good idea as well

HPIM1702.jpg

gdzag

Oct 17, 2014
Trenton, Mi.
Detector(s) used
(2) Minelab E-Tracs, Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics G2+ LTD, Blisstool LTC64X V6 3 coil pkg, (2) Deteknix X-PinPointers, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Fisher F-Pulse PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice tool bag! Looks like it might make a great finds pouch!

The name of the thread was: "Ever get tired of fighting with those sheaths or holsters. I figured my homemade, easy to remove your "Digger" sheath applied.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions