Ever have a strong signal but no target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Larry...I used to have that problem...I now dig into a five gallon bucket or put the stuff on an old shower curtain...When the signal moves to the container I know I have the target..I can then spread the material out and pinpoint it...A few flakes of gold/silver or micro gold/ silver is hard to find...A small cluster of micro gold/silver can give a very strong signal....I take the material with the signal home and store it until I think I have enough to make it worthwhile to process..Art

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All the time, our trick is to raise our machines off the ground, and swing. If your machine is still screaming, then move on. Odds are you have found underground pipes or something big deep down. Red

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
I have that problem sometimes, usually it is small and spread out, like micron gold.
Rich

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
MY method with both Dowsing and LRL’s is when I get to the target I will kick the ground a few times before mark it..If the signal moves or goes away I know it was just surface micro gold...Art

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
This how I process my cons..
Cleaning your cons

I pan and remove all the gold you can see and bring everything else home. I screen every thing with 25, 50, 100 200 mesh keeping them in separate buckets. I save the plus 25 mesh for later if my rods show that there is gold in it. I then soak the cons with vinegar ( it's cheap at Sam's Club.) for three days stirring it when ever I think of it.

I run it thought the blue bowl starting with the 25 mesh lowering the water level for each size collecting the gold as I go. I now have all the cons back in one bucket. I now take my hot plate outside ( the heat range dial goes from 1-7 and I have it at 3 1/2 ) and using a pyrex bowl dry it and dump each batch into a tub of cold water ( cracks the cons )

The next step I used a cement mixer when I was getting large amounts of cons from my big Dredges but now I use a rock tumbler. I put each batch in the tumbler with 4 half inch stainless steel ball bearings and turn it for two days ( more or less ) then add Mercury for another day. When I have all the cons back in a bucket I go back to the Blue Bowl.

I run it at a high water level and then at the lowest water level collecting the gold-mercury in snuffer bottles saving all the black sand. I pour all the gold-mercury into a newer pan ( the least amount of scratches ) working it with a small amount of water to bring all the mercury together taking the black sand out as I go. Using PLASTIC GLOVES I put a piece of fine silk over a pan and pour the gold-mercury into it. Grabbing the silk by the sides you can squish the excess mercury out of the silk saving the mercury for next year. You now dump the stuff in the silk into your pyrex bowl.

I then load my PU. I take a potable generator, hot plate, jugs of water, Soda, gold-mercury, saftey mask, Nitric acid and the remaining black sand and go to a friends 20 acres of isolated land. I set everything up, start the generator, put on my mask, pour the nitric acid into the bowl and walk away for a 1/2 hour. When I return I fill the bowl with water and soda and let it cool. I pour the water into a safe container and collect my gold. I then dry all the black sand to burn off any mercury that may be on it.

This is a long process but when it's raining and cold I set in the garage with a heater and drink a few beers while I run the blue bowl. My rods show me that there is still some gold in the black sand so I will crush it and start over.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, Compass Gold Scanner, Maxi Pulse, Gardner with a 3 foot loop, PDF1000, & Dowsing rods,
Thanks Art,
Pretty informative I am sure we will all learn something from this. Do you dowse for total gold in your cons before you
start the process?
Riich

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
As a Physical dowser the rods will only tell me if there is gold in the container...Art

OP
OP
fenixdigger

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Thanks guys. I'm talking about a signal from an lrl that you pinpoint and nothing is there. Or you find some other sort on target not what you are looking for. I don't think this applies to natural gold. Seems to be a difference from what I can tell. Could be the container, or just that it is not been there for a million years.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Good call signal line. I noticed that just after the sun sets, but when its still light out, lots of those smaller hits go away,
but the real ones remain and are easier to follow.
Rich

OP
OP
fenixdigger

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Treasure finder, you hit the nail on the head. The solar activity or "energy" will cause the reflected targets. We were lucky enough to pinpoint a "ring" around a small town and see the shape. Not round by a long shot. Once we caught on, we tried to see how far the lines went past the "ring". No telling. Plotted the bearing, went another mile and it was still there.
So here's the answer. If you are following a line and get a rod indication, mark it and move over 10 ft and walk a circle, marking any reactions. IF you get hits to the right and left of the original one, they should make a slight arc. This will tell you which way the real target is. You can walk the "ring" until you get another hit, mark it and follow it towards the target far enough to set a compass bearing, compare this to the original line's bearing and you should have the real one dead center. Naturally this involves a GPS and Google Earth. Let me know if this works for any of you. LAT

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Fenixdigger
You are right about the "Arc". I have gotten lots of them but haven't spent as much time studying them as you have.
Thanks for the insight!
For some reason Silver is much easier to pinpoint than Gold, at least for me. Maybe there is too much micron gold in some
of the places that I hunt. I don't seem to remember getting "Arcs" on Silver. Wonder if that applies to anyone else.
Rich

OP
OP
fenixdigger

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
What we have found out is that some metals send "rays" out for miles, a lot of miles. I've posted this before, but on a trip to test run a high end LRL, I hit a signal that the LRL did not. I followed it down the interstate and it took 21 miles before it swung to the side. No telling how far away it still was.
The recoveries that I have went straight to were silver. The silver signal is always stronger. An old time dowser told me that silver screams and gold whispers. That's true except for the "rings". When the "ray" crosses the "ring" that point is the target as far as most LRLs are concerned. You look and maybe dig, and NOTHING. If you only had 20 "rays" and say, 4 strong "rings" you have a chance to dig 80 empty holes with each indicating a target.
That being said, how many targets are in a 20 mi. radius??? Now imagine ALL those rays and rings and you have a mess to figure out. It can be done, but once you figure it out, do the same exact thing every time. Circle each hit that does not trip the detector and look for clues to what you have.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey digger....Okiedowser is the expert on rays...I have experimented with frequencies to eliminate rings..What I have done is not follow signals that do not run in the north-south or east-west directions...Art

goldfinder

Mar 31, 2003
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sun phenomena is well known to dowsers and LRLers. The sun after 9 am really screws up the LRL signals to treasure. Part of the reason is the sun is radiating lots of the gold energies. After 4 PM the real signals are more discernible.
Goldfinder

OP
OP
fenixdigger

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Lets see if I can get a photo of a ring on here. cassville_x (1).jpg These lines were formed by taking compass readings at some of the spots. Who woulda thunk?

Last edited:

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
That sure is a pretty definite ring fenix. Thanks for sharing!
Also thanks to Art and Goldfinder for sharing.
Rich

OP
OP
fenixdigger

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Turns out this is a lead deposit. Or as far as we can tell.

OP
OP
fenixdigger

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
As you can see from the photo, it was easy to go another mile or so and check from a road to see if the line continued. Dam sure eye opening. When you are dealing with something you can't see, hard to make sense of it. Imagine all the targets we have stopped short of finding over the years. This is the answer to the fight over, yes they work and no they don't. Those of us that have found things (mostly silver) know what we have done. Only makes sense that if you find 1 thing, you can find another. Not using the same methods you won't. Those that have tried several times and found nothing, say " They are crap" and go on believing that. With a flawed procedure it is true. So both sides are right.

Treasure finder

Apr 4, 2006
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
There is also the remnant ray that remains after the target is recovered. I followed one for 1 1/ miles to an empty hole.
However if you keep trying to read it, the line will get weaker and weaker until you can no longer read it. Like it "burns
off" or something. If still there, it won't weaken.
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions