Ever spend one of your keepers by accident?

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
Upvote 0

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
JJ, If you count being a dumba$$, I can add something to your post. I had a Ziploc bag of Bens and Walkers jump off the seat of my car,smash the window and they ran off never to be seen again. I don't even drink so I can only blame myself for not securing them. I have accidentally paid for stuff with silver halves jangling in my pocket. I am a very slow learner JJ. I hope you get wise before you get old. Cheers, Jim

Tattooguy67

Sep 26, 2009
Kalamazoo MI
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
coolpix9 said:
JJ, If you count being a dumba$$, I can add something to your post. I had a Ziploc bag of Bens and Walkers jump off the seat of my car,smash the window and they ran off never to be seen again. I don't even drink so I can only blame myself for not securing them. I have accidentally paid for stuff with silver halves jangling in my pocket. I am a very slow learner JJ. I hope you get wise before you get old. Cheers, Jim
I'm guessing you don't drive for the funeral home then? lol, there has to be a good story behind the ziplock bag episode, do tell sir!

Chuck.

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Tattooguy67 said:
coolpix9 said:
I'm guessing you don't drive for the funeral home then? lol, there has to be a good story behind the ziplock bag episode, do tell sir!

Chuck.

Doesn't sound like a good story .Sounds like a smash and grab to me.

Coins4Cheese

Jun 30, 2009
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
I'm very careful not to spend my keepers. Lets hope it stays that way.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, before I was a CRH and before I knew that some coins were silvers I found a Silver rosie
on the coin star machine and spend it since I did not know it was 90% silver.

I think it as a 1954 rosie.

DW

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Two years ago I dug an 1864 bronze indian cent. Carried it in my pocket to show a few people. That day I also dumped some mixed coin into the counter. Along went the indian, into the counter.
Didn't realize what I had done until later. Went back, explained, they let me buy the cent bag and I got it back, whew!

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
would have to say I would not make the mistake either because i am "organized" but if i sold some i may sell a key date as a regular coin as i don't know all the keys

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Closest I've come is not catching a 40%er during a box search, dumping the rejects the next day at a bank's coin counter and having the counter keep rejecting it. I picked it out of the reject shoot three times and put it back into the machine; before I realized it as a '67.

Luckily it was a coin counter that rejects silver.

On that thought, if you really trusted a particular coin counter to reject silver, you wouldn't even have to search. Just open the rolls and run them through the machine.

But where's the fun it that. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread