Ever try this search method? Any luck?

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
When it thaws, I intend to try a different technique for parks. The first program used will be set for nickles, dimes, and quarters. After I think I have the majority for the grid, or section of park, I will re-search the same area with my gold jewelry program. This should do well in the not very old parks. In the older ones, I will also incorporate my deep silver program. The idea is to get the clad (minus pennies) and then concentrate on the gold. Onion has motivated me to try to get the rings this year, so thats my goal, find plenty of change, increase the rings, and still search for silver. Anyone ever try a similar system?

Upvote 0

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I don't know it seems like double work. Why don't you set the discrimination right below nickle and dig all the hits? Pennies are a pain but they're still spendable currencey ;).

Onion

OP
OP
renegade_7

renegade_7

Jun 10, 2004
Missouri
I don't mind the double work, thats part of the reward--the exercise. I just think I can concentrate on jewelry feeling like I have nothing else to be concerned about missing, although deep down, I'm sure I will be missing something. Just a theory though.

C

czman

I use a fisher cz5 and run it on 0 disc and dig all targets above iron and if I am in a old place I dig all...its just the way I hunt.

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
I dig any above iron. Have you ever missed a copper nickle Indian Head? Those read up low.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
When I'm gridding a park area I recover by layer. Surface to 2", 2" to 4", etc.. Dig it all and let your wife sort it out. Keeps the peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread